Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 06:40 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,232,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
There's a "personality test" you have to take to work at Publix? What exactly is this test?
Publix and other employers use a personality assessment to determine your strengths and weaknesses, interaction with coworkers and customers, how you would resolve situations, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 11:26 AM

611 posts, read 1,455,756 times
Good Luck getting in to Publix. I've heard great things about them!

Old 04-19-2012, 06:44 AM

142 posts, read 417,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Publix doesn't hire seasonally.
According to my aunt, a Bonita Springs resident for nearly 40 years, they do hire for the snowbird season. I read an article on the internet that they hired over 500 this year for "season". If anyone has experience with Publix as a seasonal worker in SW FL, I'd like to hear from you.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,994 times
Publix is a great place to work. When they hire for the season they usually bring on a few extra workers to get them through the busy times. They have tough times staffing the Florida Keys and that is the only place they hire temp help other than warehousing. Standard stores only hire employees for life and don't lay them off when it slows down. They have also prospered in this tough economic time because of their strong business decisions and the fact that you can't just walk in and get hired. If you do get hired then good for you because right now the job market is flooded with qualified help and employers can have their pick.

Old 11-03-2016, 05:33 PM

2 posts, read 1,004 times
Hi,

I have had 2 interviews at Publix in the last two weeks.

The Manager told me I Interviewed well, and had one more person to interview that day, and she would let me know yesterday whether or not I got the job.

Is that code for we will not be hiring you?

I have not heard from her yet, when would be an appropriate amount of time to wait before I call to follow up on the interview?

Sincerely,
Avriel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search