Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 10:16 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,523,799 times

Advertisements

Seriously. We are not renting from the employer, or asking for any kind of a loan. We are not trading stocks to benefit the employer. We are looking to be hired; to perform a service for pay. I do the work you give me, for the agreed upon hours, pay and conditions.That's it. My credit, my tax returns, my W2, my passwords are none of your beeswax. You are not in my bed, you are not my parent. You are not my landlord, bank or insurance company.

When they pull out the credit authorization forms, and start with the intrusive questions, that's when I realize I just wasted my time and my trainfare/gas. That's when I lose interest altogether. I am done. Moving on to the next employer...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 10:19 AM

763 posts, read 2,604,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Clearly you didn't read the studies.
So, what you're suggesting is that if someone is basically a good, hardworking, law abiding citizen, but has unfortunate credit, they don't deserve a good job? They have to be relegated to menial, fast-food type jobs because of bad credit? Do you suggest they panhandle? Prostitute themselves? Move to another country and start over? Resort to a life of crime?

You are the one who is implying that folks with "not-so-great" credit are scum and should be treated accordingly because RESEARCH somehow "proves" they'll be crappy employees.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:20 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
Seriously. We are not renting from the employer, or asking for any kind of a loan. We are not trading stocks to benefit the employer. We are looking to be hired; to perform a service for pay. I do the work you give me, for the agreed upon hours, pay and conditions.That's it. My credit, my tax returns, my W2, my passwords are none of your beeswax. You are not in my bed, you are not my parent. You are not my landlord, bank or insurance company.

When they pull out the credit authorization forms, and start with the intrusive questions, that's when I realize I just wasted my time and my trainfare/gas. That's when I lose interest altogether. I am done. Moving on to the next employer...
Just ask them upfront whether they check credit. You can save money and time on both sides.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:21 AM

1,412 posts, read 4,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KABurke View Post
That's BS. You're going to believe a research sample group is representative of the entire U.S. population?

You really do not understand the point of sample groups do you?

Old 01-03-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystique13 View Post
seriously. We are not renting from the employer, or asking for any kind of a loan. We are not trading stocks to benefit the employer. We are looking to be hired; to perform a service for pay. I do the work you give me, for the agreed upon hours, pay and conditions.that's it. My credit, my tax returns, my w2, my passwords are none of your beeswax. You are not in my bed, you are not my parent. You are not my landlord, bank or insurance company.

When they pull out the credit authorization forms, and start with the intrusive questions, that's when i realize i just wasted my time and my trainfare/gas. That's when i lose interest altogether. I am done. Moving on to the next employer...
Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!

Old 01-03-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
So, what you're suggesting is that if someone is basically a good, hardworking, law abiding citizen, but has unfortunate credit, they don't deserve a good job? They have to be relegated to menial, fast-food type jobs because of bad credit? Do you suggest they panhandle? Prostitute themselves? Move to another country and start over? Resort to a life of crime?

You are the one who is implying that folks with "not-so-great" credit are scum and should be treated accordingly because RESEARCH somehow "proves" they'll be crappy employees.
As I said before, if all things are equal but someones financial history, the easy choice is to choose the person with the good financial history.

If you can not manage your own finances, how can I expect you to represent my business?

Old 01-03-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
You really do not understand the point of sample groups do you?
Yes, I do. That's why I'm not going let a small group of people define who I am or what kind of person I should be.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Yes, I do. That's why I'm not going let a small group of people define who I am or what kind of person I should be.
That statement tells me you do not. Thanks for taking the long way to answer.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
As I said before, if all things are equal but someones financial history, the easy choice is to choose the person with the good financial history.

If you can not manage your own finances, how can I expect you to represent my business?
You can try to justify it and qualify it until you're blue in the face, but this is blatant discrimination.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:29 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:

Again, do you even read the thread that you're participating in? How do you get all that from this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Personally, I'd like there to be no correlation between bad credit and quality of employee. That would be best for both the employee and the employer. Like you said, it would give people in a ditch the opportunity to pull themselves out. And employees won't have to waste time and money looking at useless credit reports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search