Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 01:45 PM

688 posts, read 2,835,909 times

Advertisements

Hey. I'm seeking information from someone that actually works for or has worked for in the past for this company. It sounds like a great company, but as a contract recruiter, not a salaried employee for them, what is it really like? If you do work for them, which option did you go for, the $200 per appt., or the full fee for completed employments?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 04:25 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,933,539 times
I applied to work for them, but never got a callback. I did the follow-up, etc, seemed to match up to what they were looking for. Just curious, did they call you back?

I wasn't able to find much info on them, either.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:31 PM

688 posts, read 2,835,909 times
Actually, I haven't even applied yet, I'm still researching them atm.....there's plenty of good to read about them, but I've yet to come across the viewpoint of someone who is doing this for them......still waiting on that.....

Let ya know when I know......

Old 08-27-2008, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 6,360 times
I have worked for RJ & Makay for the last several years. Both as a contracted recruiter and on some special projects as well. I have really enjoyed my experience so far. Being a contract recruiter, I have been able to set my own schedule, which is still pretty much full time, but if I have to take my kids to an appt during the day, that is never a problem. The RJM management team has been very professional as well. I have worked under several different directors and have enjoyed them all. Your question about what payment plan to choose? I have done them both. I started out on the pay per appt. plan and then switched over to the full fee plan because the payouts can and have been large for me. It just takes a few months to build your pipeline on the full plan, but well worth it in the long run.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:04 AM

2 posts, read 12,630 times
Default Legitimate company

Hi there - Yes - I work for them! I love the company - after seeing the number of non-legitimate "opportunities" out there, this is a breath of fresh air. I work in a different division, but did spend some time in the one you refer to. Either pay advantage has its benefits - so choose what works best for your situation, and you can change your mind later. I encourage you to visit their website (www.rjandmakay.com) to read about them, check out the "contact us" page and call anyone on the list. You'll be impressed by the professionalism of the group, and willingness to be forthright and candid with you. RJ&Makay will never ask you for a dime...they really do pay the commissions you earn, and they provide exceptional training!

Old 08-27-2008, 09:16 AM

1 posts, read 6,368 times
I have worked for RJ & Makay for several years. It is for real and a great opportunity for the right person. It does take persistance and dedication but if you follow the plan you will make money. I have been very impressed with the level of professionalism and support provided by my management team.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:09 PM

1 posts, read 6,307 times
Default RJ & Makay is for real

As a contract recruiter for RJ & Makay, initally on the side you are speaking about, I can tell you that it is NOT a scam. Like any recruiting, it is not for everyone, and it is difficult. I too was thinknig that it HAD to be a scam... did research to find out about them... and spoke with them at length. Found out that it was anything but an upfront, sound business model. The training you are given (no cost) is top notch, the tools you have at your disposal (no cost) is state of the art in recruiting and the highly professional management team is accessible and actively recruiting as well. I highly reccommend anyone considering either transitioning over from a "brick and mortor" shop or a mom and pop shop to check them out. Having worked for both of the above, I can honestly say that the management, top to bottom and beyond, is not only the most ethical group, but the most straightforward and honest. Like any contract recruiting job, you have to be willing to put in the time -it is not "easy money", but it is worth it. 100%. I have my bank account to prove it. The CEO is highly accessible and the teams are dynamic. PLUS there are many divisions - if one is not right for you, or you "outgrow it", or if management views you ready to move, you can do so. No fees for getting going - it's a contract job, not a scam. I've been with them for quite a few years....

Old 08-29-2008, 01:27 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,746,335 times
Anybody else concerned that there are 4 responses from brand new posters who all happen to work for this company? Maybe it is just me, but I would be very careful dealing with this company these responses just seem a little too coincidental.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:06 AM

4,640 posts, read 11,933,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Anybody else concerned that there are 4 responses from brand new posters who all happen to work for this company? Maybe it is just me, but I would be very careful dealing with this company these responses just seem a little too coincidental.
Yup. And recruiterone and tabdir posted identical responses, within the last couple of days on another message board, too. Oh, and they're newly registered to that message board as well.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:11 PM

2 posts, read 12,630 times
Default RJ & Makay

The person asked for people that actually work at RJ & Makay to respond. 4 of us did. That gives you cause to think this is more of a scam? I don 't get it. When this came up internally in our firm dozens of recruiters wanted to post responses. We thought that would be overboard. Recruiters pay NOTHING. They get their training for FREE. They have positions to recruit PROVIDED to them. They get to UTILIZE all of the resources of RJ & Makay. I'm not sure where the whole scam angle is coming from. You should go to the contact us page on the RJ & Makay website and just start randomly calling their people if you want to talk to someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search