Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:20 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,761,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by recruiterone View Post
The person asked for people that actually work at RJ & Makay to respond. 4 of us did. That gives you cause to think this is more of a scam? I don 't get it. When this came up internally in our firm dozens of recruiters wanted to post responses. We thought that would be overboard. Recruiters pay NOTHING. They get their training for FREE. They have positions to recruit PROVIDED to them. They get to UTILIZE all of the resources of RJ & Makay. I'm not sure where the whole scam angle is coming from. You should go to the contact us page on the RJ & Makay website and just start randomly calling their people if you want to talk to someone.
As I said in my original response, there are plenty of companies out there that pull this trick, it is a well known internet marketing scam of several user names registering to answer one question once their name is brought up in a search. In fact many times it is actually the same user, or as I have seen a company can hire people to do just that. Now nowhere did I say that your company was a scam, although you trying to say I said that does not help your case. You say that your company is legit and a great opportunity, and it may be, but as I stated in this thread previously, I would be real careful dealing with a company that feels the need to have several people discuss in their office and respond to a post on a random message board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,256 times
Default Rj and makay is legit

Please don't take this the wrong way....I am NOT bashing anyone.....just speaking from my personal experience and in agreement with the others who work with the company. I am a recruiter with the company as well.....they are VERY legit. I am doing this part time for now due to other obligations. I have been with them since March of 2008. BELIEVE me if I could go full time I would. We have weekly meetings and everything is on the up and up. We work with reputable companies that are well known and some of them are listed under the clients tab. The support is excellent. The training is very good. I am very confident in the job that I do to help others and if you truly want to help others and make a difference in other peoples lives then this is a GREAT place in which to do so. Everyone is professional and very knowledgeable in this field. The possibility to move up after time is there because there are other opportunities that do become available from time to time. Management is fair when doing promotions. I have seen a few people promoted in the short time that I have been with them. For those who may have doubts...here is the link [URL="http://www.rjandmakay.com"]www.rjandmakay.com[/URL] click on anything on the page and also as a previous poster stated click on contact us. I did that when I first found the site and although the person I spoke to could not help me she put me in touch with someone in the company who could and as they say the rest is history. It does take a couple of months to get the pipeline rolling. They do pay. I have received pay for 2 placements and have 2 more on their way. Keep in mind I am part-time. I know other recruiters have been paid as well. I have never had any issues....and as another poster stated it is flexible I too have children and it is nice to know that if I need a day off or an afternoon to do something all I have to do is not schedule myself. No asking "the boss" if I can have the day off.....I AM THE BOSS. As with anything no matter what job or position you do....there will be good days and bad. It is challenging at times but it does pay off if you are dilligent as with any job. If you want to be your own boss and have flexibility this is a great company in which to do so. I was concerned about the rip off report I saw...(a disgruntled ex-worker who never really gave it a good try)....but no longer because I have tried it for myself. Only you can make the decision for yourself.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:04 AM

1 posts, read 3,113 times
Default Yes, I work for RJ and Makay

Hello...
I work for RJ and Makay and have been with the company almost two years now. I recently was promoted to a management position, which gives me a guaranteed salary of $2000 a month. I also still recruit in my spare time and on the weekends. I have earned as much as $5500 in one month. We have a virtual office setting and employees live throughout the US and Canada. I have made some great friends. I love this company. They are my sole source of support and I pay all of my bills including my $950 monthly house payment because of them. So does that sound real enough to you? lol.

On a more somber note, there is one company out there called rip-off report that allowed an unknown person (it appears to be a disgruntled employee) post a derogatory remark on their site...and now people question the company. The truth of the matter is this, I have no idea who that fellow is, but if he failed it is because he gave up. It takes time to build a decent pipeline. After all we are waiting for OUR CLIENT to hire someone not RJ and Makay! Why in the world would we blame RJ and Makay for what our clients decide to do or not do? RJ and Makay has no control over who our client hires. That is ridiculous. I think it is misleading to candidates who are applying for a position with our clients... they begin questioning the integrity of the firm, and there is no lack of integrity at all. This company is GREAT!

Darin, the owner is super generous and I have received bonuses and gone on company paid trips since being with the company. Stayed in fancy hotels, ate great food and hung out with C-level professionals.

What makes all of this so amazing is that I am handicapped and spend most of my work day in a wheelchair. I use a cane mostly. I used to work for Career Builder through a local newspaper, but when that job ended, I had no idea what I was going to do next until I saw this job posted on Sologig... and the rest is history.

There is a learning curve...about 2-3 months... but as long as you stick with it... the money will begin to come in. It takes between 30-90 days for our clients to make an offer to someone, so you have to wait it out. I work with Edward Jones and Smith Barney, which are two of the very best companies that financial professionals could work for. I love my job. I love the company, the friends I have made. I love the money I make and I love the potential and promise my future has with this firm.

P.S. Somehow some people have the crazy idea that this has something to do with MLM? That is insane. This has zero to do with anything like that. It is a regular job, you just get to do it from home. Like the movie, THE NET (Sandra Bullock film) This company is simply a recruiting firm.
And we recruit for the BEST top Fortune 100 companies. We do not recruit for RJ and Makay! lol. This is biggest mistake that everyone makes... so relax, if you get an offer for a job... it is a real one... It is probably to work at Smith Barney (part of CitiFinancial) or Edward Jones, which both offer excellent base salaries and benefits.

I hope my comments have helped put your fears to rest.

P.S.S. Never listen to a disgruntled ex-employee that was fired due to poor job performance! (lol) As they have nothing better to do than to blast their ex-employer in order to make themselves feel better about their failure to perform!

Old 10-22-2008, 08:19 AM

1 posts, read 3,042 times
Default I have a few Questions.

I have read just about everything out there regarding this company. I would like ask you some questions. I read what the ex-employee commented on another website per your comment and he mentioned something about having you cold call thousands of Financial Advisers to see if they will move to another company? Could you clarify for me what it is exactly a financial recruiter does and how exactly does this payment plan work? Which is the better commission pay plan in your opinion ? I am asking these questions because I feel that I could do well in this .Your response would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorntigress View Post
Hello...
I work for RJ and Makay and have been with the company almost two years now. I recently was promoted to a management position, which gives me a guaranteed salary of $2000 a month. I also still recruit in my spare time and on the weekends. I have earned as much as $5500 in one month. We have a virtual office setting and employees live throughout the US and Canada. I have made some great friends. I love this company. They are my sole source of support and I pay all of my bills including my $950 monthly house payment because of them. So does that sound real enough to you? lol.

On a more somber note, there is one company out there called rip-off report that allowed an unknown person (it appears to be a disgruntled employee) post a derogatory remark on their site...and now people question the company. The truth of the matter is this, I have no idea who that fellow is, but if he failed it is because he gave up. It takes time to build a decent pipeline. After all we are waiting for OUR CLIENT to hire someone not RJ and Makay! Why in the world would we blame RJ and Makay for what our clients decide to do or not do? RJ and Makay has no control over who our client hires. That is ridiculous. I think it is misleading to candidates who are applying for a position with our clients... they begin questioning the integrity of the firm, and there is no lack of integrity at all. This company is GREAT!

Darin, the owner is super generous and I have received bonuses and gone on company paid trips since being with the company. Stayed in fancy hotels, ate great food and hung out with C-level professionals.

What makes all of this so amazing is that I am handicapped and spend most of my work day in a wheelchair. I use a cane mostly. I used to work for Career Builder through a local newspaper, but when that job ended, I had no idea what I was going to do next until I saw this job posted on Sologig... and the rest is history.

There is a learning curve...about 2-3 months... but as long as you stick with it... the money will begin to come in. It takes between 30-90 days for our clients to make an offer to someone, so you have to wait it out. I work with Edward Jones and Smith Barney, which are two of the very best companies that financial professionals could work for. I love my job. I love the company, the friends I have made. I love the money I make and I love the potential and promise my future has with this firm.

P.S. Somehow some people have the crazy idea that this has something to do with MLM? That is insane. This has zero to do with anything like that. It is a regular job, you just get to do it from home. Like the movie, THE NET (Sandra Bullock film) This company is simply a recruiting firm.
And we recruit for the BEST top Fortune 100 companies. We do not recruit for RJ and Makay! lol. This is biggest mistake that everyone makes... so relax, if you get an offer for a job... it is a real one... It is probably to work at Smith Barney (part of CitiFinancial) or Edward Jones, which both offer excellent base salaries and benefits.

I hope my comments have helped put your fears to rest.

P.S.S. Never listen to a disgruntled ex-employee that was fired due to poor job performance! (lol) As they have nothing better to do than to blast their ex-employer in order to make themselves feel better about their failure to perform!

Old 02-21-2009, 09:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,665 times
Default RJ & Makay

I worked for them for about a month in late 2007. I don't think the company is a scam. But it is a *very* hard job. What I really hated about the lists I was provided with was that over half of the financial advisors I called on were from Merrill Lynch. They were the rudest people I have ever come across in my life. It was impossible to start a conversation with most of them. Maybe some of the successful recruiters with the company were given better lists to call on. It only took one month for me to determine that I would not be able to spend 30-40 hours per week calling on rude and arrogant people who would not talk to you. I would have loved to listen to some of the better recruiters make calls to see how they did it successfully but the company would not allow that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search