Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 02:33 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times

Advertisements

Why beat around the bush?? Just say there will be no interviews, we already have our candidate

Oh there is some "law" some damn "rule" requiring that jobs be posted and interviews be done (bull**** formalities) even if they already have the candidate they want for the position.

What the purpose of laws or rules when companies essentially have free reign to do essentially do WHATEVER they want to do anyways and never face any type of punishment. Where is the policing of these out on control unscrupulous corporations?

Quit wasting everyone's time you jerks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 02:43 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Hiring managers really do not know who they want beforehand.

The problem some of you are having is, they know what they don't want.

If you can figure out why they don't want you, and change that, it will end your problem of not being hired.

It's not rocket science, and not everyone is having this problem.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:45 PM

3,070 posts, read 5,233,292 times
Would you like to enforce a rule where companies are fined if they don't hire you, Dorian? What are you asking? Let me guess - they picked an internal with no degree, did they?

Old 03-14-2015, 02:55 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times
I love group interviews. You can easily tell that the interviewer hates the candidate who feels the need to talk the whole time. They think that by being the main point of the conversation, they will be getting the job. But all that does is instantly disqualify them from the running.

Old 03-14-2015, 03:11 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,286,271 times
We don't have any idea who we are hiring before hand.

Old 03-14-2015, 03:17 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,847 times
I suspect in the future, we will be interviewed by a computer program. Only the best will get the privilege of being a janitor assuming some kind of robo-janitor with human skin over metal exoskeleton isnt invented to do the job.

Old 03-14-2015, 03:20 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
I hate the fake job ads too but even if that were policed, they'd still find someone that looks better than me so it wouldn't do me any good. There should just be more jobs available that don't have competition. People need to create more jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Hiring managers really do not know who they want beforehand.

The problem some of you are having is, they know what they don't want.

If you can figure out why they don't want you, and change that, it will end your problem of not being hired.

It's not rocket science, and not everyone is having this problem.
So it's just that simple to change? Maybe if you're neurotypical. I can't change who I am so if all employers expect me to they're being ridiculous.

Last edited by Nickchick; 03-14-2015 at 03:35 PM..

Old 03-14-2015, 03:44 PM

3,070 posts, read 5,233,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I hate the fake job ads too but even if that were policed, they'd still find someone that looks better than me so it wouldn't do me any good. There should just be more jobs available that don't have competition. People need to create more jobs.

So it's just that simple to change? Maybe if you're neurotypical. I can't change who I am so if all employers expect me to they're being ridiculous.
No, but people on the spectrum will likely have to be realistic about employment prospects, or have input from disability organizations about employment direction. Social communication matters in many fields and that isn't going to change.

Old 03-14-2015, 04:00 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
so let me know when you are hiring for your company... oh wait, you don't want to put in that much work? Why is it that people call job ads fake if they aren't hired anyways?

Old 03-14-2015, 04:02 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
No, but people on the spectrum will likely have to be realistic about employment prospects, or have input from disability organizations about employment direction. Social communication matters in many fields and that isn't going to change.
I don't know why it matters so much. What happened to written communication? They can't have a job for people who just email or do live chat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
so let me know when you are hiring for your company... oh wait, you don't want to put in that much work? Why is it that people call job ads fake if they aren't hired anyways?
I'm not the managing type so it shouldn't be up to me. I'm pretty sure if I created a company it would go up in flames. I have a hard enough time selling my junk online. Some of them are apparently fake. It'd be unrealistic to say that all job ads are real when a lot of people lie.

Last edited by Nickchick; 03-14-2015 at 04:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search