Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2015, 02:27 PM

110 posts, read 123,652 times

Advertisements

graduated (participated in commencement ceremony) but later found out failed a calculus and statistics class mainly because I took the both of them together along with other credits in one semester (yes very dumb move)..These two classes are the only classes needed to get my Bachelors degree in my hand...took a class this summer 2 for statistics and passed...need calculus in which I'm planning to take this September however, I've been applying to jobs and the potential for one of my dream jobs is quite near and they are looking for individuals to begin in November of this year( semester usually ends in December).. My issue now is

1)has anyone been in a similar situation before? how'd you go about handling it?

2)do you think the university will allow for some type of agreement that allows me to get the degree while taking the class?

3)what to say if the physical request of the Bachelors degree spears its head when HR requests for it?

4) how to work my way around this while still obtaining this dream job?

5) how to explain things when and if HR questions

in the back of me head ,I know millions of individuals have lied about nonexistent degrees and certificates but never got caught.. maybe my situation is not that bad after all?? All suggestions and ideas are welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search