Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 01:12 PM

5 posts, read 10,586 times

Advertisements

I recently had a cultural interview. After all the behavioral questions. The interviewer said enough of me asking you the hard questions, now its time for you ask me a hard question. I totally wasn't expecting him to ask me this.
What are your thoughts? was it a trick question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 01:19 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,539,449 times
What's a cultural interview? And I believe they were just asking you to ask them questions. This happens in every interview I've ever done.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:28 PM

Interview questions about company culture are designed to determine whether you will be a good fit for the organization.
They are trap questions and can be hard to answer on the fly

Here are some examples:

What causes conflict, and how is conflict resolved?

Can you work under pressure and deal with deadlines?

What is the most difficult decision you had to make?

Old 11-25-2015, 02:06 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,883,162 times
I don't think there was anything tricky about the question, when I interview I always ask if the candidate has any questions, tough or not.

Old 11-25-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
I don't think there was anything tricky about the question, when I interview I always ask if the candidate has any questions, tough or not.
You're right! They usually say "do you have any questions for me?" NOT "now it's your turn to ask us a tough question?" That's weird to me

That through me off. Stupid me, I did. My nerves got the best of me

Old 11-25-2015, 03:36 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban73 View Post
I recently had a cultural interview. After all the behavioral questions. The interviewer said enough of me asking you the hard questions, now its time for you ask me a hard question. I totally wasn't expecting him to ask me this.
I usually ask something like:

what sort of person will do well here/in this role/at this company?
what would you want me to accomplish in my first 90 days here?
what is the company culture and how do you contribute to enhancing it?

Old 11-25-2015, 03:39 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Interview questions about company culture are designed to determine whether you will be a good fit for the organization.
They are trap questions and can be hard to answer on the fly

Here are some examples:

What causes conflict, and how is conflict resolved?

Can you work under pressure and deal with deadlines?

What is the most difficult decision you had to make?
Basically more questions that HR uses to justify their own existence.

Old 11-25-2015, 04:09 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,898,606 times
It's always a good idea to prepare for ANYTHING that can be asked. Some good questions to ask a potential employer that are general enough to be asked for most positions:

-What are some of the major challenges/opportunities in the location or division?
-How will my success/performance be measured?
-What kind of leadership style do you (or direct supervisor) have?

Depending on the industry, you can find others to ask. Based on the asnwers, add statements on how you can contribute. On the "challenges and opportunities" question, if the interviewer answers that quality is a particular challenge and you have experience in improving quality, talk that up...and so on. I think you get the general idea.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:04 PM

684 posts, read 714,040 times
Quote:
Give a choice, what would you rather loose, your sight or your reproductive organs ?

When they answer, the question above, follow up.

If you don't compensate me for wasting my time today, you will loose one of those !

Old 11-28-2015, 04:47 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,944,373 times
Quote:
i've never heard of a cultural interview; but there are many companies now that want a cultural fit. But without knowing what you were asked, it's hard to give you advice. In general though, most want someone that will get along with others and be positive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search