Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 01:25 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times

Advertisements

Idealist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 12:55 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times
Never got anywhere with those worthless sites. Having higher up connections is the only answer

Old 04-28-2018, 03:27 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Never got anywhere with those worthless sites. Having higher up connections is the only answer
You are wrong. Your failure to obtain a job in your current search isn’t indicative of anything for the rest of the population.

Old 04-28-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
You are wrong. Your failure to obtain a job in your current search isn’t indicative of anything for the rest of the population.
Right because you know my situation. gotta love corporate apologists living in their own universe and totally blind with reality today

Old 04-28-2018, 08:03 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Right because you know my situation. gotta love corporate apologists living in their own universe and totally blind with reality today
Ah, but that is the beauty of the situation. I don’t need to know anything about you. I only need to know that other people get jobs through websites to understand that you are wrong.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Ah, but that is the beauty of the situation. I don’t need to know anything about you. I only need to know that other people get jobs through websites to understand that you are wrong.

Those job alert boards and Indeed, Careerbuilder whatever are by and large resume black hole hells for the most part.

Sure, a few people here and there may luck out on them but not enough people U.S wide see success without connections which to me makes those sites more FAILURES than success stories.

For job success, the key is and has been strictly connections that can get around CRAP like Indeed or Careerbuilder where your resume just falls into purgatory.

If there aren't enough successes, then I see the overall picture as more of a failure. When your resume just falls into an online black hole with thousands of other online job submissions for 1-2 job openings, its not even worth talking about.

Unless you think just being a sheet of paper and not human to an employer (Since long gone are the days of walking into a place of business talking with someone and inquiring about job openings and applying there, so they can see who the hell you are) is "successful"

I would tell people not even to waste their time with those B.S sites. You're better off going to an employment office where you can at least get to talk to a HUMAN about potential job leads.

Last edited by DorianRo; 04-28-2018 at 08:58 PM..

Old 04-28-2018, 09:00 PM

. Anyways yes. They are ALL crap. They may not even be legitimate job openings either. companies are required by law to post the jobs externally in most places, but they just fill the jobs internally.... Or they just shuffle manpower around and don't hire anyone at all. Thats a biggie today since companies want to minimize expense every where they can the biggest expense is to those pesky "parasitic employees" that are taking loot from the executives yearly bonuses.

Go to the employment office and don't waste your time on FAKE job leads

Old 04-29-2018, 09:37 PM

269 posts, read 247,163 times
I got a job on Craigslist and also the State of California job board (to get a state job).

Old 05-01-2018, 02:19 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,432,497 times
Has anyone ever gotten a job via their state's unemployment job board? I helped my mother with Illinois' a long time ago and was astounded by how bad it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search