Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2018, 03:54 PM

86 posts, read 123,239 times

Advertisements

I don't think this specifically falls under the guise of blackmailing, but it maybe (key word maybe) similar.

I was interviewed for a position and was rejected. I asked the recruiter why was I rejected, he gave me several reasons that was not listed on the job ad at all, not as a requirement or preference. I informed him of so. Since then, I notice every job I have applied for in the company, jobs I am well qualified for, I have been rejected. All in the same day! Even jobs I applied for months ago!

Could it be that I have been rejected because I dared to make him aware of the inadequacy of the job ad.

It doesn't matter either way. But I thought it was interesting, even quite comical.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:11 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,289,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACareerChaser View Post
I don't think this specifically falls under the guise of blackmailing, but it maybe (key word maybe) similar.

I was interviewed for a position and was rejected. I asked the recruiter why was I rejected, he gave me several reasons that was not listed on the job ad at all, not as a requirement or preference. I informed him of so. Since then, I notice every job I have applied for in the company, jobs I am well qualified for, I have been rejected. All in the same day! Even jobs I applied for months ago!

Could it be that I have been rejected because I dared to make him aware of the inadequacy of the job ad.

It doesn't matter either way. But I thought it was interesting, even quite comical.
It wouldn't be a huge surprise, because HR is full of idiots, and they make mistakes on simple daily tasks often, so the last thing they want is for someone to point them out expecting them to take responsibility.

If you want a good job, you need to by-pass HR completely and deal directly with the hiring manager.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:34 PM

86 posts, read 123,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
It wouldn't be a huge surprise, because HR is full of idiots, and they make mistakes on simple daily tasks often, so the last thing they want is for someone to point them out expecting them to take responsibility.

If you want a good job, you need to by-pass HR completely and deal directly with the hiring manager.
Thanks for the reply! It's crazy because it was for an HR position. How could someone manage to mess up a job ad for a position in their own department? They did not list that they are looking for a candidate who's primary responsibility was X and possibly Y for several years at a large facility. Instead, they listed, as their only requirement (no preferences), under one year of general HR experience. I have over five, but I juggled multiple hats. I wasn't responsible for just one division of the HR process.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:14 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,485,113 times
You may be on to something. I feel that way about two companies where I have applied to multiple positions. I am too tired to care. This is not your problem anymore.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:34 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

OP may have been blacklisted for being argumentative in his first interaction with HR. They simply don’t want anybody with that personality working for them.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-10-2018 at 07:59 AM..

Old 08-10-2018, 05:46 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,580,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACareerChaser View Post

The interviewer provided feedback to the recruiting team to have you mothballed. You’re completely shut out, so stop applying there.

You also quite obviously need to work on some stress management strategies.

Last edited by RoamingTX; 08-10-2018 at 06:03 AM..

Old 08-10-2018, 06:53 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingtx View Post
the interviewer provided feedback to the recruiting team to have you mothballed. You’re completely shut out, so stop applying there.

You also quite obviously need to work on some stress management strategies.
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search