Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 04:37 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

because they will ask that silly question-"how did the interview go? LOL,

I know that is what people ask when they care about you but it's just a annoying question because there is nothing to really say but-"i;m in waiting mode" Unless you were offered the job on the spot it's really nothing else you can say when asked that question. So I think that i will just not say anything else about a job interview that way i won't get bombarded with the-"how did it go" question after the interview. So my advice to any unemployed person is just keep it quiet until you get hired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 05:00 PM

588 posts, read 2,829,382 times
LOL... I thought you were going to say because the person you tell would go and interview for the same job, and steal it from you. With the massive unemployment rates these days, I wouldn't be surprised if some people did that....

Old 02-10-2009, 05:02 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggler View Post
LOL... I thought you were going to say because the person you tell would go and interview for the same job, and steal it from you. With the massive unemployment rates these days, I wouldn't be surprised if some people did that....

I never asked anyone who told me they had a interview-"HOW DID IT GO?? I was letting them tell me if they wanted to bring it up

Old 02-10-2009, 05:13 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggler View Post
I figured that as well.
I try not to tell people about job openings unless I know the company is doing A LOT of hiring but even now...I'm keeping my mouth shut.

Every man/woman for themselves.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:49 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,074,604 times
The worst bit is that if you don't get the job, you feel like **** and others wonder "Why is this person still unemployed?"

I haven't worked since the end of August. There just ARE NOT any jobs here. I cannot see a damn thing to apply to...they have dried up...I was hustling to find a job last year when there were a few jobs...

People assume *you're a loser* when you don't work. I know I am not, and neither are you.

Things will be okay, TVandSportsGuy...just hang in there. Be above board, be genuine, have integrity.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:33 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

I know that is what people ask when they care about you but it's just a annoying question because there is nothing to really say but-"i;m in waiting mode" Unless you were offered the job on the spot it's really nothing else you can say when asked that question. So I think that i will just not say anything else about a job interview that way i won't get bombarded with the-"how did it go" question after the interview. So my advice to any unemployed person is just keep it quiet until you get hired.
There are plenty of things to say about the interview, but judging by the 'demeanor' in your posts I am getting the impression that you just do not want to bother. There is nothing wrong with that, but if you are going to title a thread "This is the main reason why you should not tell anyone you know that you have a job interview" you should at least have a substantial reason other then They are going to annoy you with a silly question.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:28 AM

303 posts, read 1,561,168 times
Quote:

Yeah that is annoying. My job search has been littered with questions such as "any luck yet?" and "so how did the interview go?". Now, I rarely tell anyone that I have a job interview or have put in job applications. I just tell them that I haven't searched for any jobs lately.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:44 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,700,589 times
I guess you can tell them a general feeling you had. Like sometimes you just can read people: tell there wasn't any chemistry or that you wouldn't want to work for these people, or whatever.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:57 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:

From your innumerable posts, there's just so much that you seem to find so annoying about the whole process involved in finding employment from giving out resumes, the interviewing process, the interviewers, the top coat and everything else betwixt and between. Everybody you're involved with in the process comes off as so darned "pesky" in your narration. Have you learned NOTHING from your questions and all the responses? Just curious. Oh, just noticed that it's 11AM my time so you can't be too far behind and time for you to wake up and get back on the hunt! Cheers!

Old 02-11-2009, 08:01 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,700,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
From your innumerable posts, there's just so much that you seem to find so annoying about the whole process involved in finding employment from giving out resumes, the interviewing process, the interviewers, the top coat and everything else betwixt and between. Everybody you're involved with in the process comes off as so darned "pesky" in your narration. Have you learned NOTHING from your questions and all the responses? Just curious. Oh, just noticed that it's 11AM my time so you can't be too far behind and time for you to wake up and get back on the hunt! Cheers!
You know and care too much about some total stranger on the internet lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search