Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 03:49 PM

432 posts, read 1,660,179 times

Advertisements

So, I message a person on Facebook regarding a position that I am interested in, but since I don't know much about the company or the person! I don't know if the reply that I got is a scam or not when it comes to opening a bank account for the company to get their deposits and etc...! It sound fishy! What should I do?

My name is Sherb Mcnell and I am the manager of (Luis and Junior Fabrics Company) here in the North America in United States we supply Badges,Postals and Other Printing Accessories, I will like to let you know that the position you seek for,has been occupied by a lady whose her name is Kathy Whipple in ( Richmond,VA )some hours ago,But there is still an opportunity of home base business,and I am contacting you because we are now in need of a Payment Representative in the United States.So I would like to offer you a part time job as our payment Representative and you can earn between 3,000 - 4,000usd in a month depending on your Speed, Accuracy and Devotion to your work.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO FOR US?
My Company needs a financial representative in the United States who will serve Has our Agent in processing any of our funds made out to us by our USA Customers And Clients in us money orders or cashiers check this is because this legal Entity takes a long period of time to clear in our banks in
United States and due To Frequent Request and supplies of product we do not meet our demand due To this Failure. And that is why we seek your time and assistance.

JOB DESCRIPTIONS?
1. Receive payment from Clients
2. Deposit Payments inside your account at your Bank
3. Proceed and 24 hours in which funds have cleared into your account for withdrawer of funds
4. Deduct 10 percent which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed.
5. Forward balance afar deduction of percentage/pay to any of the Offices you Will be contacted to send payment to (Payment is to Forwarded either By Money Gram / Western Union Money Transfer).

HOW MUCH WILL YOU EARN?
10 percent from each operation! For instance: you receive 7000 USD via checks or money Orders on our behalf. You will cash the money and Keep 700usd (10 percent from 7000usd) for yourself! At the beginning your commission will equal 10percent, though later it will increase up to 12percent!

DO YOU NEED TO PAY FOR THE TRANSFER FEE FROM YOUR PERCENTAGE?
No you do not have to; all necessary transfer fees should be deducted from the Balance after you must have cashed and deduct your 10percent of total money Received While finish cashing.

ADVANTAGES
You do not have to go out as you will work as an independent contractor Right From your home / office. Your job is absolutely legal. You can earn up To 3000- 4000usd monthly depending on time you will spend for this job. You do not need any capital to start. You can do the Work easily without leaving or affecting your present Job. The employees who make efforts and work hard have A Strong Possibility to become managers.Anyway our employees never leave us.

MAIN REQUIREMENTS,
18 years or older,
Legally capable,
Responsible,
Ready to work 3-4 hours per week. With PC knowledge
E-mail and internet experience (minimal).

If you are interested in our offer, and would like to work for Luis and Junior Fabrics Kindly fill the application below.

EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM
First Name________________ Middle Name_______________ Last
Name________________Residential Address_____________________________
City ____________________State ________ __________Zip _____________Home
Telephone Number______________________Personal cell phone
Number______________________Gender ____________ Marital Status
____________________Age _____________ Nationality ______________________Are
you a U.S. citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the U.S._________

Please note: only interested applicant should respond. And check your email back for response within 24 hours...... and i will like you to reply your EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM.

Regards,
Ms Sherb Mcnell
Luis And Junior Fabrics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 03:56 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
once you I read "I message a person on facebook" scam popped up in my head

Old 07-19-2008, 04:47 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,898,795 times
Once I read "processing of payments" red flags went up all over the place. Read: money laundering...

Old 07-19-2008, 04:49 PM

389 posts, read 1,986,659 times
wow. that is the MOST common junk mail scam in emails... they do facebook now? what will happen is.. you will be the one to pay the 7000 you deposit... because it is a scam. money orders places know of that kind of scam and may call police on you. i cant believe you have not receive that kind of junk email scam in email.. i always do. i just delete them.

Old 07-19-2008, 05:09 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
It's a scam !. If it says anything about handling their money and you get a percentage and then transfer the rest back.
It's a Nigerian 419 scam!
They send you counterfeit checks, and money orders. You cash them and the money is drawn from your account.!!!
Like a fool I was caught in one of these when I first started looking for work. I'm stll paying.
Any emails like this should be forwarded to spam@uce.gov

Note: on your message
Quote:
JOB DESCRIPTIONS?
1. Receive payment from Clients
2. Deposit Payments inside your account at your Bank
3. Proceed and 24 hours in which funds have cleared into your account for withdrawer of funds
4. Deduct 10 percent which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed.
5. Forward balance afar deduction of percentage/pay to any of the Offices you Will be contacted to send payment to (Payment is to Forwarded either By Money Gram / Western Union Money Transfer).

I get 5-10 of those everyday. I just got this one 10min's ago.
subject:hello

Dr.Kimberly Heir & Co
500 EAKER ROAD GRANGER WA 98932 USA
Tel/Fax: 206-666-3117
Tel/Fax: 206 - 3500122
http://kimberlynsen.en.ec21.com (broken link)

We are looking to employ a work at home financial assistant/secretary who'll handle billing and handle a full inventory of monthly billings, payments and

activities routed through him/her I own Dr.Kimberly Heir & Co( http://kimberlynsen.en.ec21.com (broken link)) and Branden & Co has been developing
creative solutions in video, audio and computer signal management. With research and development
grounded in customer feedback, We are an industry leader in product quality,reliability and customer satisfaction. I need a company assistant/secretary to help process payments, live help for customers and keep records of
transactions going on, I have to be very mobile, as i need to import and export a lot of my products as the best of them are actually produced in
Europe.

We have store in Granger, WA, Fremont, CA. We sell products mostly here in US and in Canada.

Working with me will also not disturb your other jobs as I require that applicant only have easy access to the net, be reachable easily and
respond/carry out instructions sent as soon as possible.

Full Names:
AddressNot p.o Box)
City:
State:
Zip code:
Cell Number:
Home Number:
Email Address:
More information awaits you in my next email to your response.

Yours sincerely,
Dr.Kimberly Heir
kimberly1120@gmail.com

And another one-----------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------
Subject: ATM
To: info@senate.ng
Date: Friday, July 18, 2008, 10:38 PM

SENATE COMMITEE ON APPROPRIATION
AND FINANCE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY COMPLEX
THREE ARMS ZONE P.M.B 141
ABUJA NIGERIA

ATTENTION: HONOURABLE BENEFICIARY THIS IS TO
OFFICIALLY INFORM YOU THAT WE HAVE VERIFIED
YOUR CONTRACT /INHERITANCE FILE AND FOUND
OUT THAT WHY YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR
PAYMENT IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT FUFILLED THE
OBLIGATIONS GIVEN TO YOU IN RESPECT OF YOUR
CONTRACT/INHERITANCE PAYMENT.SECONDLY WE
HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT YOU ARE STILL
DEALING WITH THE NONE OFFICIALS IN THE BANK
ALL YOUR ATTEMPT TO SECURE THE RELEASE OF
THE FUND TO YOU. WE WISH TO ADVISE YOU THAT
SUCH AN ILLEGAL ACT LIKE THIS HAVE TO STOP
IF YOU WISHES TO RECEIVE YOUR PAYMENT SINCE
WE HAVE DECIDED TO BRING A SOLUTION TO YOUR
PROBLEM. RIGHT NOW WE HAVE ARRANGED YOUR
PAYMENT THROUGH OUR SWIFT CARD PAYMENT
CENTER ASIA PACIFIC, THAT IS THE LATEST
INSTRUCTION FROM MR. PRESIDENT,CHIEF MUSA
YARADUA (GCFR) FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

THIS CARD CENTER WILL SEND YOU AN ATM CARD
WHICH YOU WILL USE TO WITHDRAW YOUR MONEY IN
ANY ATM MACHINE IN ANY PART OF THE WORLD,
BUT THE MAXIMUM IS ONE THOUSAND, FIVE
HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS PER DAY. SO IF
YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE YOUR FUND IN THIS WAY,
PLEASE LET US KNOW BY CONTACTING THE ATM
PAYMENT DEPARTMENT AND ALSO SEND THE
FOLLOWING INFORMATION AS LISTED BELOW.

1 full name__________________________
2.Ph#______________________________
3.ADD______________________________
4 Age and Ocupation__________________

HOWEVER, KINDLY FIND BELOW THE CONTACT
PERSON: MR. MCFERRIN PHOENIX, ATM PAYMENT
DEPARTMENT EMAIL: mcferrinphoenix04@live.com
THE ATM CARD PAYMENT CENTER HAS BEEN
MANDATED TO ISSUE OUT $5,500,000.00 AS PART
PAYMENT FOR THIS FISCAL YEAR 2008.

ALSO FOR YOUR INFORMATION, YOU HAVE TO STOP
ANY FURTHER COMMINUCATION WITH ANY OTHER
PERSON(S) OR OFFICE(s) TO AVOID ANY HITCHES
IN RECEIVING YOUR PAYMENT. EMAIL ME BACK AS
SOON AS YOU RECEIVE THIS IMPORTANT MESSAGE
FOR FURTHER DIRECTION AND ALSO UPDATE ME ON
ANY DEVELOPMENT FROM THE ABOVE MENTIONED
OFFICE. NOTE THAT BECAUSE OF IMPOSTORS, WE
HEREBY ISSUED YOU OUR CODE OF CONDUCT,WHICH
IS (ATM-0081) SO YOU HAVE TO INDICATE THIS
CODE WHEN CONTACTING THE CARD CENTER BY
USING IT AS YOUR SUBJECT.

REGARDS,BARR. KINGSLEY DOMINIC
CHIEF AUDITOR TO THE PRESIDENT
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

Last edited by mkfarnam; 07-19-2008 at 05:20 PM..

Old 07-19-2008, 08:09 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,841 times
Red Flag!

Old 07-19-2008, 08:33 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,102 times
This is sooo much a scam it is not even funny.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:40 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,245,419 times
Smile Nigerian Scam

I get these e-mails all the time. My father had done business at one point in Costa Rica and in the 1990's got letters indicating b/c of the work done there in Costa Rica, there were funds waiting for him, etc.

He fell for it; put money on credit cards, overdrew his bank account (which had to be replenished by you know who), etc. All in all, it cost us thousands and because so much was tied to my mother's name, it had to be paid off.
(by you know who).

So, today, that's just one reason I am not where I want to be financially!

STAY AWAY!!!

Old 07-20-2008, 09:21 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Once you sign up the on line empoyment agents, Monster, Career Builder.ect.. these scams will start piling in on you.

I have played along with about 3 of these A**holes, using a different name and information. The reason for this was to keep them active long enough to get caught. I also scammed one of the scammers by replying and telling them that if they wanted me as an Account representative, and before I was send them any information, they would have to agree to send my 10% in US Dollars( cash). I did get $80.00.
But sitting right here in front of me as I type is $10,550.00, 2 checks, one for $2,500.00 and one for $2,800.00 along with 7 money orders, $750.00 each. and they're all counterfeit.
There's also scams you'll receive for "account renewal". asking for your SS#, DON'T DO IT!!

Old 07-20-2008, 09:25 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Once you sign up the on line empoyment agents, Monster, Career Builder.ect.. these scams will start piling in on you.
All those employment sites are crap. The only ones I use that have legit jobs are employflorida,jobing,snagajob,and craigslist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search