Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2012, 07:34 AM

377 posts, read 576,163 times

Advertisements

In 2003, I first joined the Talmud Coed discussion group at Temple Emanu-El in Dallas, TX. They were at the very end of a 3 years study of Tractate Megillah and in that year they started Tractate Sanhedrin. Isn't it simply a miracle we can now review it all before we even engage in discussion. The Virtual Jewish Library is really truly exactly that.

The thread subject is how I use the the most important verse in the entire Koran. It's powerful. I can read it in Hebrew too.

Hence this 15 minute history of Iran via Judaism. It's all in Hebrew, 1000 years before the Koran. Until 2003 I wasn't allowed to study all this anywhere in the USA with professional USA human beings. Lots of catch up with history via the Hebrew and Koine Greek languages.

I don't know Koine Greek, like Zuckerberg does, but I can deal painfully with Hebrew and be sure of myself. Actually English translation helps me a lot. I just add my Hebrew Hormones to it all. No matter, this is all way before the Koran was written down. But Sura 3:3 gives permission for all Iranians to study this. The Gaza Palestinians probably do study this. Certainly Obama and Romney know this. Probably their children do. So does the Secretary of State.

Synopsis of Tractate Megillah
The Book of Esther
Esther
The Persian Empire

What's remarkable is the geography lesson "from India to Ethiopia". A good starting point to discuss a slice of UN history. Talk about military strategy

"under god" and "in god we trust" are USA official statements not tested by SCOTUS. I"d prefer my own USA culture without "under god" and officially "E Pluribus Unum" replacing the current motto. But why not take advantage of using god since it's really approved by SCOTUS.

I study aspirin god via Judaism. So do all people who study the books of the COMMON ENGLISH BIBLE. All 84 of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism