Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 08:15 PM

52 posts, read 138,213 times

Advertisements

What are the women like in KC? If I went to a bar or club, what type of women I would mostly meet? Where do the hip hop/urban crowd hang out the most in KC? What are some of the places singles 25-35 go? What's the nightlife crowd like KC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 07:29 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times
Well, since nobody has replied I will try to point you in the right direction at least.

Night-life in KC is spread throughout the urban core. You have the extremely popular Power & Light District which is kind of the place that most suburbanites and out of town people head to. The place tends to be somewhat avoided by those that actually live in the city, but it's still a cool place that serves a need and a market. It can be a lot of fun and most college aged people I know love it. I know people that drive down from Omaha regularly to party there.

Other areas include Westport which has lately become more of a locals place, but still has many bars and clubs and is still very active.

Martini Corner, The Plaza, Crossroads and River Market are also night life areas, but not quite as large or crazy as P&L or Westport, but they have more of the local places too.

I'm way beyond this age group and my party days are over, so you might look at other websites like yelp or something. This forum is more soccer momish than nightlife when it comes to entertainment .

You might also check out local entertainment rags.:

http://www.inkkc.com/

http://www.pitch.com/

Old 06-30-2010, 07:07 PM

11 posts, read 31,460 times
I agree with KCMO...my youngest son is single and in that age range. He spends a lot of time in the places mentioned. He really likes Martini Corner and the Plaza. He'll go to P&L a lot, also. Of course, I'm sure he doesn't tell his Mom everything He did just purchase a loft downtown even though the firm he works for is in Leawood. He didn't like joco at all. As for the type of girls...he hasn't brought any of them home to meet me....can't help you there.

Oh...if you want to catch some pics of KC nightlife...go to www.nightlifekc.com
you'll find random pics taken at different nightspots.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:24 AM

278 posts, read 622,887 times
Martini Corner....awesome.....Westport has gone down quite a bit....Crossroads awesome! kcmo...great job of giving some good info....why I bet you're about 30 ; )

Old 08-02-2010, 02:36 PM

448 posts, read 1,459,002 times
Hip-Hop urban crowd hangs out in different places. It depends on your type of hip-hop, are you talking about underground, backpacker, Talib Kwali hip-hop or are we talking about Lil Wayne, lots of bling and girls trying to find a baller crowd.

If it's the first, we're still finding our next spot. The best spot used to be Firefly in Westport, but they changed the dresscode which turned off alot of people in that crowd that go for self expression. It's still the spot to be on 3rd Saturday's which is Feel Sexy, still a nice set. lol. Also this crowd has a street party in the crossroads at First Friday's. It's just east of broadway on 18th, I beleive. I always reccomend checking out the pitch or lookin up sike styles, dj miles bonny or reach if you want to find out what's going on here. O and Miles Bonny has a new party weekly at Czar Bar on Tuesdays

If you are into the Lil Wayne/ whatevers new on the radio hip hop check out NV on the northside of downtown. There are also some other spots like Voodoo at Harrahs, but be careful of the dresscode. There are also some places where the younger crowd hangs out, just legal crowd, Orlando's South and Orlando's 21. i have not been to either of these places since my summer breaks from school, so I don't know much about them.

As far as women, they are diverse just like the music, you have some gold-digger and some girls who come out to dance in their tennis.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:27 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
What's the dress code at Firefly these days? I haven't been since shortly after they first opened.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:27 PM

448 posts, read 1,459,002 times
It's similar to most places, anything goes, but no screen tees, hats, I can't recall the rest.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:51 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,465,079 times
Waldo is another great bar area that is more laid back. About 3 times a year they hold a thing called the Waldo Crawldo which is a pub crawl with the 7 bars in waldo. I live within walking distance of Martini Corner and love that area as well.
A good hip hop place where there is a lot of African American people is a bar called the Grand Emporium in Midtown, that place is very busy on the weekends and does not seem to be ghetto at all, i think they have a very strict dress code.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:44 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
The Waldo Crawldo has probably represented the most fun I've had going out in KC. I used to live within walking distance of all the bars on it, and it's laid back and neighborhoody, just like I like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City