Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 AM

13 posts, read 36,541 times

Advertisements

This may look like a silly posting but please read it at the timeline of 55 years ago,
I lost contact of my Pen-pall 55 years ago and now I have become retired and gaining age I am desperately trying to reestablish a lost contact.

Question #1, the address is still engraved in my memory as: Miss Melanie Sue Roberts, Route#1, Brimson, MIssouri, USA. Zip codes were not required in these dates. Using the Google Map I could not locate this address, is it a valid address.?

Question #2, I understand Brimson today only counts 23 families, any Roberts amongst them?

You all have a nice day from the Netherlands
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 11:19 AM

589 posts, read 1,107,081 times
Greetings. I think this should be moved from the Kansas City forum to the Missouri forum. The address you are giving would have at one time been valid - prior to the establishment of 911. This would be a rural address - outside of the city limits, and could have included a mail box number as well.

Not that this helps, but since the establishment of 911 - all rouds - included couty roads, have been given names, and house all have house numbers so assist in the dispatch of emergency personnel.

Good luck to you.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:47 AM

TY for yr info, will repost

Old 01-14-2013, 12:26 PM

6,816 posts, read 11,538,348 times
According to USPS.com, Brimson does not even have a post office anymore, looks like it is served by Coffey, MO 64636.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:48 PM

Oki Doki, but Brimson is still on the map, it is not a ghosttown yet, I doubt whether there will be anyone outthere having internet access?
Yeah 55 years have passed, half a century so a lot will have changed, there may still be Roberts in the area?

Old 01-14-2013, 02:23 PM

220 posts, read 453,753 times
Any idea on an approximate age? Tough part of tracking down females if they often change their names when they get married.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:32 PM

Hi Chris, that's an easy one, when I was in University, Melanie Sue Roberts graduated at Highschool.
When she is still on this globe, she must be 68-70 yrs.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 3,452 times
Bram...the internet is @ Brimson, Mo. Thanks to a friend this posting was brought to my attention. Nice to reconnect with you after all these years. Mellanie Sue

Old 01-26-2013, 04:51 AM

Hello Ellan,

This looks too good to be true, finding you again after so many years, there will be a lot to tell and to crunch our memory.....

But...I still have my doubts whether you are you say you are...you know the internet not only unite people but also brings a podium to weirdo's. So to establish the authenticity for both sides I have created a picturefile showing people you and I will after 58 years still certainly recognize. Please tell me who you are and we can start our more private email session(s).

I hope you can open the attachment and please let me know besides the numerous envelops we exchanged via Mr postman, what else you may have sent me. Simpel question: How many times did we meet in person during the fifty's?
Attached Thumbnails
Brimson Mo Flash Back from the Netherlands-brimson.jpg  

Old 01-26-2013, 08:35 AM

2 posts, read 3,452 times
Bram, two things in the first reply established that I remember you and am me!
1st, your name..... and 2nd the correct spelling of mine.
I know myself and my Dad in your attachment.
And lastly, how bout this.....

BOBBY VEE- "RUBBER BALL" - YouTube
Nice to hear from you!
oh...ps...did we meet in person? when?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City