Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2013, 05:22 AM

712 posts, read 2,145,513 times

Advertisements

Figured I'd ask.. umm.. time warner is sorta ripping me off at $30 a month for 10 mbit/1 Mb/s (and yah I know it costs $70)

unfortunately seems like it's taking forever for my neighborhood to qualify (one of the poorer ones.. 2014 maybe?) but maybe if I call time warner they don't know that..? tell I'm cancelling for google fiber.. ahh maybe they'll give me a better deal or something (sadly people in my neighborhood some of e'm have.. $20 a month 786k from AT&T shockingly awful.. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 10:09 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Not yet. Prairie Village is on the list to get it, but don't know when it will actually happen. We are paying Time Warner about $180 a month. I need to look at my bill because we had cable, internet, and phone and I cancelled phone plus gave back one of the cable boxes and a router and modem that we were renting from them (bought my own after it kept dropping the signal), and my bill still seems to be the same. Yep, ripped off!

I cannot wait for the day that I can call Time Warner and cancel my service!

Old 12-07-2013, 12:59 PM

6,814 posts, read 11,531,564 times
Check out u-verse if it's in your area. We had T-W and switched about 8 months ago. No complaints.

Old 12-07-2013, 01:18 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Check out u-verse if it's in your area. We had T-W and switched about 8 months ago. No complaints.
May have to do that. My husband wanted to switch and I convinced him to just wait for Google Fiber. But since then we've had more problems and TIME WARNER DOESN'T CARE!

Old 12-07-2013, 02:01 PM

978 posts, read 2,052,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
May have to do that. My husband wanted to switch and I convinced him to just wait for Google Fiber. But since then we've had more problems and TIME WARNER DOESN'T CARE!
Most ISPs never care because they are usually monopolies. In my area, I have a choice of two ISPs. One offers better speeds, but has terrible customer service. The other has better customer service, but slower speeds.

They have no reason to upgrade speeds or anything because they know they are monopolies and people will pay outrageous prices for terrible speeds and terrible CS.

Hopefully Google Fiber will either run them out of business or force them to upgrade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City