Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,458 times

Advertisements

Rumor is that Lee's Summit is the next in line to get a new Dunkin Donuts. We do have Lamar's but they have limited hours and a very narrow assortment of donuts. Now, if LS could also get a new Winstead's and a Red Lobster.Mike G
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 11:09 AM

111 posts, read 257,988 times
Never a fan of dunkin donuts, there's only a few in Denver, they couldn't compete with winchell's there, and not surprisingly I think. Winchell's is awesome, are there any of those in Kansas City?

Old 08-26-2009, 12:33 PM

449 posts, read 1,393,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
[/i]

Well, when compared to Miller or Old Style.....
Or Grain Belt or Fallflat, er, Fallstaff

Old 08-26-2009, 12:34 PM

449 posts, read 1,393,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanswindle View Post
Never a fan of dunkin donuts, there's only a few in Denver, they couldn't compete with winchell's there, and not surprisingly I think. Winchell's is awesome, are there any of those in Kansas City?
Winchells is gone I think. When I first moved to KC in the late 70s the chain was all the rage. Glad DD is coming back. They are huge here on the east coast.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:05 PM

448 posts, read 1,458,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The absolutely BEST donut shop in the KCMO area is called Holt's Donuts on Main St in Grandview Mo. You have to get there early bercause they run out very quickly. I think they open at 6 am. IMO There is no comparison.
I've heard this before. We live in Grandview, but they close too early for me to ever make it. Can't beleive there are not more Lamar lovers. IMO not all Lamar's are created equal. The one off Linwood is superior to others like the one on Holmes.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:17 PM

91 posts, read 250,560 times
Winchells was great, I know a few years ago the one on 350 Highway still had the shade of the sign still on the roof. I saw they cut a dry cleaners in half and are putting the Dunkin Donuts right there by the Hardee's.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:41 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,251,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by famusdarlin View Post
I've heard this before. We live in Grandview, but they close too early for me to ever make it. Can't beleive there are not more Lamar lovers. IMO not all Lamar's are created equal. The one off Linwood is superior to others like the one on Holmes.
I agree. The one on Linwood was the original Lamar's and since they expanded, I don't think any of the new ones measure up to the original. There, the doughnuts are still warm when you get them. The ones I've gotten at other Lamar's are made ahead of time and aren't still warm. Maybe the one on Linwood is like that too now; I haven't been there for quite a few years, but when I used to work near the Plaza I'd get them sometimes on my way to work.

But Lamar's is much better than Krispy Kreme!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City