Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 09:26 AM

270 posts, read 656,386 times

Advertisements

I found some more cases of discrimination in Kansas City. It seems that there is a pattern.

Clay County, Mo., Assistant Prosecutor Melissa Howard last year won $2.1 million in a jury verdict after she contended she was passed over for a Kansas City judgeship because she was white. She argued that the City Council did not nominate her for the post because it wanted a racial minority to fill the post. The case is under appeal.
Source

Two top budget analysts recently dismissed from Kansas City’s government have sued City Manager Wayne Cauthen and the city, claiming reverse discrimination and retaliation.

Jordan Griffin and Colleen Low, both white, veteran employees, allege they were victims of race and age discrimination and retaliation when they were let go this month, even as younger, less-qualified minority candidates were retained.
Source (http://www.soychicano.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51012 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 10:47 AM

I found these on the first page of a single google search. I wonder how many others there are?

Old 11-15-2009, 10:57 AM

822 posts, read 2,047,483 times
Gobs.

The city government has been discriminating against white males for decades. Main reason is they can get away with it.

The first case that I remember was from late '80s, early '90s in which a guy applied for a job with the city aviation department. He had education and experience in the field, scored the highest on the aptitude test and the job was awarded to a waitress.

He sued and won; got a settlement. I tried to use the same law firm for a similar suit but they said they wouldn't touch another reverse discrimination lawsuit with a ten foot pole--no money in it.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:23 AM

A lot of attorneys have to do pro bono work as part of their education, at least that's what one young attorney told me. That might be one avenue. The ACLU should be helpful, but in many areas it's actually ran by racists so you never know. I would still pursue them and if they refuse to cooperate, then make an issue out of it. Write the paper, make up a fake case almost identical but claim to be African American and see if you're treated differently. Expose their hypocracy.

Basically, I think (like was said on the other thread) Americans should stand up whenever they are treated unfairly. The only way to prevent this from happening to others is to begin to expose the double standards that exist. When a black family isn't allowed to eat, we should make an issue out of it. And when white people are not allowed to have jobs, we should make an issue out of that too.

ALl over the country I've heard increasing amounts of stories of police being afraid to investigate hate crimes when the victims are white and the offenders are another race, of job discrimination where only nonwhites are considered, and we all see what happened at Fort Hood when political correctness led to military to turn a blind eye to a muslim terrorist.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:16 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,895,906 times
Reverse racism is the primary reason the KCMOSD is a total disaster. Brookside and Waldo and the Plaza should be top schools, but the black leadership of the district will not allow Southwest to re-open as a neighborhood school because it would be primarily white. Like I said, my wife has 15 years of experience dealing with reverse racism. When she taught at Paseo, she was treated terribly by principles and put in a position that made her want to quit while black teachers would get away any thing you can imagine. She is a good teacher and tried to teach but could never get any cooperation while many black teachers would do nothing but show up and get promoted. It's completely out of control and it's from the top down. First thing that needs to happen is get rid of the election process. Having un-qualified people (sometimes criminals) elected from some very ghetto areas to run a school district is just wrong. It should be run at the state level and qualified people should be hired to run the district.

KCMO has so many laws in place to force the use of minority contractors that it's very difficult for the city to get things done because they have to hire inept contractors and turn down highly qualified contractors in the process.

That's why it can take six months (when it should take one month) for a contractor to install a simple traffic signal in KCMO or 4 years to widen a road or build a bridge when it should take 2 years or less.

You have these fly by night "minority" contractors that have no idea what they are doing winning contracts they have no business winning.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:14 PM

It is somewhat odd but the people claiming to be the victims (minority "leaders") are often the very ones who are truly intolerant of others. What I hope doesn't happen is that these types of racial hatemongers cause people to despise one another. I think what needs to happen is to expose the systems and specific persons responsible and not let them draw the general public into their hateful ideologies. Up until now they've been able to get away with this sort of thing without any protest or exposure. However, I think things have gotten so far out of control, that it's going to start backfiring. The Fort Hood incident is just the latest example of liberalism gone wild, and in that case it actually caused deaths of racial minorities as well.

It's very important to get very specific facts and to report them. Your wife should keep logs of incidents, eyewitnesses, events, etc. She may want to see what the law says about using taperecorders as well. Videotaping meetings or (if legal) wearing a concealed recording device would be good measures. Making a documentary, even if it only attracts a small audience as a youtube video or something, will go a long way toward exposing racists and enabling others the courage to speak out.

One of the worst aspects of anti-white racism is that their legitimate experiences with racism are often denied by others. There is often times no support network for the victims, and in many cases they face overt hostility (a feeling not uncommon to many rape victims). The sting of having someone deny one's legitimate experiences of racism can be worse than the actual acts of racism. This is why I think it's important to speak out even if one doesn't plan to file a formal complaint.

Last edited by sixtwobaldguy; 11-15-2009 at 02:33 PM..

Old 11-15-2009, 05:03 PM

Here's another one
A Jackson County, Mo., jury in 2005 awarded Sue Gorker $311,600 after deciding that race was a factor in Kansas City School District officials’ decision not to renew her contract as a vice principal.
Source

Old 11-15-2009, 10:09 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
"Reverse" racism and "reverse" discrimination don't exist...both are misnomers. There is only racism and discrimination. Neither is tied to any one particular race or ethnicity or any other individual group...anybody can be discriminated against due to race (or a multitude of other factors). Doesn't make it "reverse."

Old 11-17-2009, 07:45 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Try being a white guy signing up for the government Section 8 Business program. You will definitely get an eye opener.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:10 AM

822 posts, read 2,047,483 times
Announcement at work yesterday--six new people promoted to management.

Five are girls, all less than 30 years old. One was part-time. Only one male in the bunch, also under 30. I'm sure he's their token to "prove" they don't discriminate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: