Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 06:34 PM

9,459 posts, read 5,221,264 times

Advertisements

I listened to the entire presentation made by your AG Daniel Cameron today after the indictment handed down by the grand jury in the death of Breanna Taylor.
I won't discuss the minutiae or my opinion of the case, but simply wanted to say that I wish every state had such a thoughtful, measured, articulate, intelligent and empathetic AG. I thought he was simply excellent!! I hope you guys are proud of him. It really sounds like he and his team did a fantastic job and the grand jury made the determination, based on a thorough review of all the evidence, that the one detective be indicted.
What impressed me most was he continuous assertion that he and his team were working towards the truth and wouldn't be swayed by what other people thought or demanded they do.
Bravo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2020, 07:12 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,852 times
I agree, it was a good press conference.

Kentucky should be proud of this native son.

Old 09-26-2020, 07:43 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
He went to school with my youngest and they did activities together. He was a thoughtful and intelligent young man even back then. I am so very proud of him.

Old 09-26-2020, 07:56 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,227,675 times
I’m saddened to see the racial attacks some are lobbing his way but he has handled himself with grace and impartiality. He makes Kentucky proud.

Old 09-26-2020, 09:03 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
He went to school with my youngest and they did activities together. He was a thoughtful and intelligent young man even back then. I am so very proud of him.
Of course, I don't know him but he seems like an extraordinary young man. We need more people like him as leaders. Your youngest has good taste in friends

Old 09-26-2020, 09:26 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,584,149 times
He sought one thing which all AG's should do is the truth and facts.

When I first heard of how she died six months ago from the news (no knock, police bullets flew and she was shot in her bed) I thought the police were at fault for at least manslaughter until I heard more details and facts.

Now the facts are there was a knock by the police heard by witnesses, her boyfriend fired shots first hitting one officer and they returned fire.
Apparently she came out the room and got hit six times in the hallway or she was a human shield for her BF?

I do think the police could have retreated and allowed her BF to be holed up until he surrendered from negotiation.

Old 09-26-2020, 09:55 AM

3,041 posts, read 7,936,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I listened to the entire presentation made by your AG Daniel Cameron today after the indictment handed down by the grand jury in the death of Breanna Taylor.
I won't discuss the minutiae or my opinion of the case, but simply wanted to say that I wish every state had such a thoughtful, measured, articulate, intelligent and empathetic AG. I thought he was simply excellent!! I hope you guys are proud of him. It really sounds like he and his team did a fantastic job and the grand jury made the determination, based on a thorough review of all the evidence, that the one detective be indicted.
What impressed me most was he continuous assertion that he and his team were working towards the truth and wouldn't be swayed by what other people thought or demanded they do.
Bravo.
It was equally excellent the way he stood up to the grand jury decision instead of giving in to the mob like some have done.

Old 09-26-2020, 06:01 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
He sought one thing which all AG's should do is the truth and facts.

When I first heard of how she died six months ago from the news (no knock, police bullets flew and she was shot in her bed) I thought the police were at fault for at least manslaughter until I heard more details and facts.

Now the facts are there was a knock by the police heard by witnesses, her boyfriend fired shots first hitting one officer and they returned fire.
Apparently she came out the room and got hit six times in the hallway or she was a human shield for her BF?

I do think the police could have retreated and allowed her BF to be holed up until he surrendered from negotiation.
The boyfriend genuinely thought they were being broken into..... primarily he thought it was her ex-drug dealer boyfriend, who claimed she was holding in excess of $8,000 of his money. If you listen to his 9-1-1 call, knowing what happened, it is really sad. They wouldn’t have had to negotiate with him, he just needed to know they weren’t her ex-boyfriend or other drug associated people trying to kill him. The New York Times actually did a decent job of explaining the circumstances of what led up to the shooting.

Breonna Taylor’s life was changing, then the police came to her door

Old 09-27-2020, 01:36 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
I was watching one report that mentioned Kentucky has No Knock warrants available, but the also have Stand Your Ground. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how that could be dangerous for Police serving a No Knock warrant.

Old 09-28-2020, 06:45 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,119,686 times
Except according to the very bright AG it wasn’t a no knock
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: