Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2007, 08:17 PM

90 posts, read 347,159 times

Advertisements

I was just reading an article in the newspaper, and thought I would pass it along to you all. I thought maybe some of you with daughters, and grand daughters just might be interrested.Some of you may already be aware of the article.
There is a new video game undergoing testing in Australia. It's called, "Coolest girl in school". Those of you who have heard have very good reason to be concerned. The game contains violence and crime. The developers argue that it is aimed at adults, and not to get in the hands of young players.
"Coolest girl in school" encourages players to "lie, *****, and flirt" their way to the top of the high school hierrarchy. It awards points for shoplifting, casual sex, and spreading rumors.
It celebrates the worst, most destructive behaviour of adolescent girls, not older players.
I hope this never makes it pass the testing in Australia, and ends up being sold in the stores. I have two grand daughters, and lots of friends and relatives who have young girls, as many of you do. Hey, its alot harder nowadays for girls and boys to grow up decent. Too much violence in our world and peer pressure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 06:00 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,075,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique Gal View Post
I was just reading an article in the newspaper, and thought I would pass it along to you all. I thought maybe some of you with daughters, and grand daughters just might be interrested.Some of you may already be aware of the article.
There is a new video game undergoing testing in Australia. It's called, "Coolest girl in school". Those of you who have heard have very good reason to be concerned. The game contains violence and crime. The developers argue that it is aimed at adults, and not to get in the hands of young players.
"Coolest girl in school" encourages players to "lie, *****, and flirt" their way to the top of the high school hierrarchy. It awards points for shoplifting, casual sex, and spreading rumors.
It celebrates the worst, most destructive behaviour of adolescent girls, not older players.
I hope this never makes it pass the testing in Australia, and ends up being sold in the stores. I have two grand daughters, and lots of friends and relatives who have young girls, as many of you do. Hey, its alot harder nowadays for girls and boys to grow up decent. Too much violence in our world and peer pressure.
Thank you so much for the heads up!

Old 12-02-2007, 12:20 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
Thanks so much Unique gal..I have three grand daughters in that age group ..I printed your post and will keep one for myself and give the others to my daughters..

Old 12-06-2007, 08:26 PM

90 posts, read 347,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Thanks so much Unique gal..I have three grand daughters in that age group ..I printed your post and will keep one for myself and give the others to my daughters..
Glad to help. Kids have a hard time growing up these days. I also have a grand daughter in the states and a step grand daughter here in Canada.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:05 PM

287 posts, read 350,379 times
This should be taken about as seriously as Grand Theft Auto; not at all.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 4,045 times
Default not so bad

I have played the game as i am interested in the type of games aimed at girls these days. Honestly, it's not that bad. I know many young girls growing up in school right now and they hear and do MUCH worse things than this game exposes them to. If anything, the girls i've talked to are excited to play a game they can relate to, especially ones who may not be part of the 'popular group' as you don't have to fit into any specific 'click' to be "The coolest girl in school". Plus, for parents, its a mobile game so it doesnt cost a heap of money like those other video games.
For people in Australia, you can sms 'Coolest' to 19PUNK86 to get the game, or go to the website:
Coolest Girl in School

Old 12-11-2007, 07:51 AM

18 posts, read 88,929 times
Don't think that game will make it to the States...

That looks horribly underdeveloped. It doesn't mean Rockstar won't pick it up and turn it into something that will really worry the general public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky