Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,060 times

Advertisements

I am 26 am currently in school I have a 1 year old. I am wanting to leave this state Ky to go somewhere outside of the commonwealth. I don't have any family and I hope to have about 3000 saved by this time next year. We will probably need housing assistance when we first get there. If nay one has made a major move like this with a child and no support group please give me your advice. THank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 05:52 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyprtndarts View Post
I am 26 am currently in school I have a 1 year old. I am wanting to leave this state Ky to go somewhere outside of the commonwealth. I don't have any family and I hope to have about 3000 saved by this time next year. We will probably need housing assistance when we first get there. If nay one has made a major move like this with a child and no support group please give me your advice. THank you.
Since you're talking about leaving Kentucky, you may get more responses in another 'general' forum such as general moving. You have to have some support now to attend school with your 1-year old.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:46 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,269,957 times
Your title says you have one child and you receive SSI. I am nearly 3 times older than you. I moved many times. Some were compliments of the military, and some were because of job or family. I moved city to nearby city, state to state and coast to coast. It takes planning and execution. Why you move is not as important as what you want or expect to gain.

Rank the following items in the order of importance to you..
1. Continuing education
2. Medical care for child and self
3. Weather
4. Cost of living
5. Housing assistance
6. Child friendly neighborhood.
7. Church
8. Public transportation
9. Employment

A. Outside of home, job and security, what are your interests?

If you love Performing Arts it is fruitless to move to a sports town. If religion is important it is fruitless to move to place with few choices. If your talent is common such as basic IT support, a larger city has more opportunities. If you like a large city, where you take risks, you won't be happy living in a small rural farming community that is more safe than not that has few job opportunities. Life is about making choices and the ability to adjust where ever you live. .

Stand tall. You are a strong person. You ARE your child's support system, and your own support system until you move and build a new network. If you isolate yourself you won't have a network and your child will not learn to socialize. Life for the loner is not easy.

I will try to help you. I understand moving as a parent and senior, but I also understand as a child. I attended 4 schools, lived in 8 cities in 3 states between the ages of 3 and 9. Moving expands knowledge and experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyprtndarts View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky