Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 07:13 AM

836 posts, read 3,382,999 times

Advertisements

Removed

Last edited by Oldhag1; 09-27-2014 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: Advertising
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 04:25 AM

759 posts, read 3,145,145 times
Not looking to buy, but was on the KY forum and saw your ad.

The pictures are bad, very disjointed, can't tell how big your kitchen is by these photos, nor the layout of the house. Also, everything looks dark. Have the realtor take some new photos.

I would do a little self-staging, add some fresh color to some of the rooms with plants, pictures, turn on the lights, colorful towels in the bathroom, stuff that won't take you more than a few hours.

Also, your deck looks very worn, if you could maybe put some colorful plants and a nice big bench to make it look more inviting.

Good luck, I hope you sell your home soon.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesky View Post
Not looking to buy, but was on the KY forum and saw your ad.

The pictures are bad, very disjointed, can't tell how big your kitchen is by these photos, nor the layout of the house. Also, everything looks dark. Have the realtor take some new photos.

I would do a little self-staging, add some fresh color to some of the rooms with plants, pictures, turn on the lights, colorful towels in the bathroom, stuff that won't take you more than a few hours.

Also, your deck looks very worn, if you could maybe put some colorful plants and a nice big bench to make it look more inviting.

Good luck, I hope you sell your home soon.
Thanks.. I'll let our Realtor know.. Cant add anything in the home since we live 3 states away..but Thanks for the advise..

Old 09-03-2014, 08:31 AM

OK I guess my last post was removed.. so Anyways.. The PRICE has been REDUCED if ANYONE in KY is interested in buying a home in Cecilia KY, please contact our agent. Thanks! We need to sell now!

Old 09-13-2014, 12:49 PM

536 posts, read 961,782 times
It's a tough market right now. I wish you the best of luck selling your home. If I hear of someone I will pass along the information. Would you consider renting it, if you can't sell it soon?

Old 09-13-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaralj View Post
It's a tough market right now. I wish you the best of luck selling your home. If I hear of someone I will pass along the information. Would you consider renting it, if you can't sell it soon?

Thanks!... We have talked about leasing it out, but hubby's a lil hesitant about it.. he says he isnt ready to become a slumlord..lol

Old 09-14-2014, 12:30 PM

Ha! Yeah renting can be a nightmare. Especially if you are long distance from your property.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:20 AM

Yup that is why we have only talked about it.. We would have to have to get someone to be a property manager and then you would still worry if they were doing their job and if the people in your home will mess it up and if something goes wrong you have to fix it.. just too much. If we were there it would be different but being 2 states away would just be a pain. So hoping it sells soon. We was under contract in June but the guy got an extension on his time in service so the bank denied loan approval said he had to wait 6 months.. I am hoping its sold before then but I guess if not maybe he'll try and buy it again. The house is in a good area just guess the market is slow.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:32 AM

Yes, that is about the only way to rent your property long distance, is to hire a property management company. They screen the renters but charge a fee, and I think it might be a monthly fee to manage it. Did you move to South Carolina for warmer weather? Where in SC did you move to? We vacationed in Charleston, and really enjoy that. It would be nice to have milder winters. We talk about that a lot!

Hopefully the previous person interested in your home will come back and buy it.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:07 AM

Yea when the house was under contract the first time we had already bought a home here in SC and moved out then 2weeks before closing the guy was denied.

We moved to Greer SC..I am from Greensboro NC, So wanted to be close to home but not close.. if ya get what I mean.. 3 hours from fam is close enough. And of course the weather.. I hated the cold and snow in KY..being from NC I literally froze every winter.
Hubby works for IBM and has been contracted to the Government since day 1.., we was relocated from NC to Knox for his job (he worked at the HRC building on the base) back in Dec 09..the contract was suppose to be 10 yrs or more, but IBM decided not to renew their contract after 4 yrs, Now he is on another gov contract working from home..and they said we could move anywhere we wanted so decided to be near mountains and closer to home and we Love the area here. He use to travel from NC to DC every week before we moved to KY it has been really nice having him home the past few yrs and me not being the weekend wife for a change. I am so ready for a vacation to the beach or Charleston somewhere down that way since were only 3-4 hours from there now.. but we've gotta wait til that house is sold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky