Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 05:51 PM

5 posts, read 25,450 times

Advertisements

wow sorry dont know how to do this yet my post not revelent to recent post but this one is. Patti's IS THE BESTTTTTT restaurant I have EVER BEEN to. Also, Paducah is a VERY nice place I love that place. Hopkinsvilee.... dont get your hopes up nothing to do nothing to see, no parks no nice people actually nothing nice. LBL is very beautiful though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 11:24 PM

6 posts, read 13,315 times
I'm a western Kentucky girl!!! Murray/Paducah area. Love it. But it's small. Not alot to do, which I LOVE. All about mudding and horseback riding, haha.. so it's not for everyone. But when the hubby gets out of the military, 10 more years, we'll be retiring.. at home sweet home Kentucky. Haha..

Old 04-20-2008, 06:32 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,805,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentnkristy View Post
I'm a western Kentucky girl!!! Murray/Paducah area. Love it. But it's small. Not alot to do, which I LOVE. All about mudding and horseback riding, haha.. so it's not for everyone. But when the hubby gets out of the military, 10 more years, we'll be retiring.. at home sweet home Kentucky. Haha..
West. Ky is a great place to visit again and again; shoot, I'm originally from there. But, I would NEVER move back there. Too rural, too "country cultured," weak job market, not very close to any major cities, and there aren't even but just like six Starbucks in Ky. west of I-65. I live in a semi-rural area now yet I can still be at two Wal-Mart Supercenters, Home Depot, Target, two McDonald's, Starbucks, two Krogers, Applebee's, Office Depot, and a cinema in LESS than ten minutes!!!

I like the "middle-class" culture element of it, though; it's an area with very little poverty, yet very few that try to flaunt their wealth. There are more simple, everyday, common folks that are just trying to "get by" and rely on God and family. It's not like eastern Kentucky which is in ramshackles. It's not like Boone Co., Lexington, or Oldham Co., which all have Kentucky's strong elements of faux rich pretentiousness (granted, they're not North Dallas or South Beach, but still...) There are pros and cons to practically any place we choose to live.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:19 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,548,854 times
I've lived in mainly small towns all my life and love it. I like giving someone directions like "go to the second stoplight, turn right and go out about a mile". That's better than "go to exit 40, go to the 4th stoplight, etc." You can walk down t he street and just about know everybody who lives along there. Of course there are drawbacks to that. I think Ted Turner got the idea of CNN getting the news out fast to all points from small towns! lol When my wife and I had our first date, at a local restaurant, Sunday after church, her mother had 3 phone calls wondering who that was with her daughter 45 minutes into our date! That's my opinion on small town living. And opinions are like rear ends...everybody has one! lol

Old 08-29-2010, 02:51 PM

10 posts, read 17,997 times
One the greatest places on earth is the Green County area. I was born and raised there. Haven't lived there in 5 years or so but it amazes me to see it anytime I do. Truthfully though, after living outside of the state for a while coming back I honestly say that it made me cry to see the Kentucky state sign. So many people here want to get out and don't realize how amazing it is.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:26 AM

647 posts, read 2,083,915 times
I love my home state of Kentucky, but among my favorite places are those that I have the most memories of growing up around the central Bluegrass region. I love the open green spaces of Woodford, Jessamine, and the surrounding areas. I also really enjoy going to Pike Co., Cumberland Falls, and cruising up the Kentucky River where the palisades are on either side.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:28 PM

118 posts, read 251,079 times
Ballard County WMA.. I love fishing and kayaking in the Purchase

Old 07-18-2013, 05:26 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times
Default Cumberland Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Cayman View Post
I also really enjoy going to Pike Co., Cumberland Falls, and cruising up the Kentucky River where the palisades are on either side.
I remember going to Cumberland Falls years ago, when I was able to walk across above the falls. I think there's probably a fence that deters that now!

Old 07-18-2013, 07:01 PM

364 posts, read 560,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
West. Ky is a great place to visit again and again; shoot, I'm originally from there. But, I would NEVER move back there. Too rural, too "country cultured," weak job market, not very close to any major cities, and there aren't even but just like six Starbucks in Ky. west of I-65. I live in a semi-rural area now yet I can still be at two Wal-Mart Supercenters, Home Depot, Target, two McDonald's, Starbucks, two Krogers, Applebee's, Office Depot, and a cinema in LESS than ten minutes!!!

I like the "middle-class" culture element of it, though; it's an area with very little poverty, yet very few that try to flaunt their wealth. There are more simple, everyday, common folks that are just trying to "get by" and rely on God and family. It's not like eastern Kentucky which is in ramshackles. It's not like Boone Co., Lexington, or Oldham Co., which all have Kentucky's strong elements of faux rich pretentiousness (granted, they're not North Dallas or South Beach, but still...) There are pros and cons to practically any place we choose to live.
You measure how cool a place is by how many Wal-Marts, Home Depots, and Starbucks there are?

I've gone to school in Murray, KY, and let me tell you that regarding the money thing, that's where it is. I'm sure it's similar in Lexington, Louisville, and other places in KY, but out near Murray/Paducah is where I think the average American millionaire lives. Keep in mind that the average American millionaire's daily vehicle is a Ford F-150.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:54 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,805,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Sword View Post
You measure how cool a place is by how many Wal-Marts, Home Depots, and Starbucks there are?

I've gone to school in Murray, KY, and let me tell you that regarding the money thing, that's where it is. I'm sure it's similar in Lexington, Louisville, and other places in KY, but out near Murray/Paducah is where I think the average American millionaire lives. Keep in mind that the average American millionaire's daily vehicle is a Ford F-150.
You think I was measuring a place's coolness factor "by how many Wal-Marts, Home Depots, and Starbucks" it has? What?!

It is convenience/close-to-civilization factor. Not coolness factor.

Come to California if you want coolness factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky