Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should cannabis in Kentucky be legalized?
Yes 23 71.88%
No 4 12.50%
Medical only 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 07:47 AM

11 posts, read 15,409 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering how you feel about using cannabis to help with Kentucky's heroin epidemic. According to a study by Campbellsville University, the reason for the heroin problem is because our lawmaker's decided to make it harder to obtain prescription pain pills...

Analyzing Criminal Justice and Drug Abuse in Kentucky

The number one reason for cannabis recommendation is chronic pain. In states that have legalized medical cannabis, they have seen massive drops in both pain pill prescriptions, as well as opioid overdose...

Medical Marijuana for Painkiller and Opioid Epidemic | Time.com

It is also recommended by the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids as an actual treatment for opioid addiction...

Opioid Addiction Being Treated With Medical Marijuana in Massachusetts - Partnership for Drug-Free Kids - Where Families Find Answers

Cannabis is non-addictive and it's lethal dose is impossible to achieve. This could save thousands of lives in just Kentucky alone.

Please note that I am not using this as an excuse to legalize cannabis. I'm going to do it anyways, along with thousands of other Kentuckians, so I personally don't care whether it's legal or not. This is seriously about heroin and opioid addicts.

Last edited by anonymouswho; 03-28-2017 at 09:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 08:24 AM

638 posts, read 978,784 times
Yes, weed should be legal. It's absurd that it isn't already.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow- View Post
Yes, weed should be legal. It's absurd that it isn't already.
Do you know anyone who does not hold this opinion. I have met a few online, but I've never actually talked to someone who believes it should still be illegal. But then again, if you Google "most corrupt state", the first thing it shows me is "According to reporters, Kentucky ranked #1 in corruption".

Old 03-28-2017, 11:33 AM

1,884 posts, read 1,003,209 times
Yeah, it should be legal.

But kratom is way better of a drug to wean off heroin.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
Yeah, it should be legal.

But kratom is way better of a drug to wean off heroin.
Yeah, but if too many people start benefiting from kratom, they'll just make it illegal as well. I've never cared for pain pills, but for everyone I know that does, I always recommend kratom. I tried it as a "legal high" experiment, but it messed my stomach up too much. I guess that's common with opioid use though, so no reason whatsoever to be against it. Wouldn't have even tried it if pot was legal, but that's another topic for another thread...

Imagine kratom and cannabis, two God-given herbs, coming together to save the world from Big Pharma and cartels. Unfortunately the world makes absolutely no sense, so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:03 AM

Default State Senator's son is banned from Kentucky House offices for quoting former commissioner of narcotics

Check it out...

State senator's son banned from Kentucky House offices over 'racially charged' remarks

Last edited by anonymouswho; 03-30-2017 at 09:55 AM..

Old 03-30-2017, 01:05 PM

Default Opioid use in Kentucky

Have you seen this article?

Premature death rates up in many Kentucky counties | Lexington Herald-Leader

Both opioid and heroin use is continuing to rise in Kentucky. According to the University of Campbellsville, the heroin epidemic is because of lawmakers decision to make it harder to obtain opioid prescriptions...

Analyzing Criminal Justice and Drug Abuse in Kentucky

The number one reason for cannabis recommendation is chronic pain. In states that have legalized medical cannabis, they have seen massive drops in both pain pill prescriptions, as well as opioid overdose...

Medical Marijuana for Painkiller and Opioid Epidemic | Time.com

It is also recommended by the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids as an actual treatment for opioid addiction...

Opioid Addiction Being Treated With Medical Marijuana in Massachusetts - Partnership for Drug-Free Kids - Where Families Find Answers

Cannabis is non-addictive and it's lethal dose is impossible to achieve. This could save thousands of lives in just Kentucky alone.

Please note that I am not using this as an excuse to legalize cannabis. I'm going to do it anyways, along with thousands of other Kentuckians, so I personally don't care whether it's legal or not. This is seriously about heroin and opioid addicts.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:29 AM

Default Cannabis for Eastern Kentucky

Eastern Kentucky and the Appalachians are well known for the amount of herb that is grown there. For many, this is their only means of income in a very poverty stricken area. Last year, Colorado celebrated $1 billion in legal cannabis sales, and I say big deal; it's been our billion dollar crop for decades.

Kentucky land is perfect for growing cannabis, and despite law enforcement's efforts, we continue to produce more and more of it. However, just as coal jobs have decreased, Colorado's legalization is causing a terrible financial burden on Eastern Kentucky farmers. This article sums it up very well...

Ferguson: Will legal pot end Appalachia

Quote:
In the midst of this crisis, Kentucky, Virginia, Tennessee and West Virginia seized more than $2 billion dollars worth of marijuana plants during 2014, cutting revenue in some of Appalachia’s poorest counties and, in the process, putting law enforcement agents at risk. “We’ve had officers caught in fish hooks with fishing line at eye level,” Sargent Jim Ingram of the Kentucky State Police told The History Channel several years back, “And we’ve had pipe bombs…explosive devices that were inside a marijuana plot.”

Ironically, these extreme measures are often taken by regular people, mountain families intent on protecting their crops. The U.S. Department of Justice says that, as with other kinds of farming, marijuana cultivation is handed down from one generation to the next.

“You remove the threat of arrest if these families become licensed, regulated businesses,” said Morgan Fox of the advocacy group Marijuana Policy Project. “It would relieve a lot of the strain–people going in and out of jail all the time and the impact that can have on family.”
Imagine if these people could pay taxes, open businesses, and be the first spot in the Southeast of the country to do this. Legalization is inevitable, but as they say, the early bird gets the worm. Once everyone figures out this is a God-given plant that is completely free, prices are going to drop tremendously.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:58 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
You tell me where it says in the Bible that Jesus smoked it, and I will tell you when Kentucky will legalize it for recreational sales.

Just kidding. A little.

The time may well come, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. Ohio will have to go first. But I think Kentucky will go before Indiana or Tennessee. Actually, Kentucky was one of the biggest stars in the Cannabis legalization movement back in the 90s with Gatewood Galbraith leading the charge.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
You tell me where it says in the Bible that Jesus smoked it, and I will tell you when Kentucky will legalize it for recreational sales.

Just kidding. A little.

The time may well come, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. Ohio will have to go first. But I think Kentucky will go before Indiana or Tennessee. Actually, Kentucky was one of the biggest stars in the Cannabis legalization movement back in the 90s with Gatewood Galbraith leading the charge.
Haha I'm not sure if Yeshua (Jesus) ever smoked it, but I wouldn't doubt if he consumed it. It's a plant, and the Bible says...

"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat." Genesis 1:29

And...

"He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth" Psalm 104:14

There are also several mentions of burning "incense" throughout the Bible, which is dried plant material.
Mankind has been using cannabis for thousands of years, and we're supposed to believe that the Bible doesn't mention it because God didn't know about it? He made it! Then he gave us an endocannabinoid system to regulate homeostasis through our entire body.

And now we have adults telling other adults "No! You can't have that and we're going to destroy God's green earth to get rid of it". You know, maybe some things aren't meant to be consumed, but if it's growing it's supposed to be growing. The fact that it's completely harmless to our bodies makes you wonder why a few men spend so much money and resources trying (and failing miserably) to chop it all down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky