Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2019, 08:54 AM

2 posts, read 2,154 times

Advertisements

My fiancé and I are Looking to Move From New York to Kentucky.Living In New York has gotten out of control,Crazy expensive to afford an apartment yet alone a home.For the price of 1 bedroom apartment in New York from what I see you can get a 3 bedroom apartment in Kentucky with a club house and a pool.We are both
In our early 30’s and looking Deep into
Lexington.Looking to rent just outside the city of Lexington.Looking for affordable apartment complex’s with a good surrounding area.Looking for a
mix of urban and rural areas near Lexington? How Hard is it to Locate a job in Lexington are the opportunities favorable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2019, 11:15 AM

811 posts, read 889,584 times
I lived throughout Kentucky for four years and loved it. Currently in TN and would move back to KY of job wasn’t here.

Cost of living is very affordable and the quality of life is still good, especially within Lexington. I lived not far from Lexington in the State Capital of Frankfort, which is really a small town, but not far from Lexington. I would suggest looking at the peripheral neighborhoods around Man O War blvd. I am no expert on Lexington, but a lot of the neighborhoods surrounding Lexington (still within city limits)looked very nice to me.

Hamburg Pavillion area has a lot of newer apartment complexes and it is easy to get downtown from that area. You also have all the suburban amenities in Hamburg Pavillion and great access to I-75.

Old 03-04-2019, 04:49 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Hi! Welcome to the Kentucky forum here at City Data!

Maybe you might find this site helpful.

http://lexlover.com/

You are wanting to rent an apartment and not a house or townhome, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j48sj2pluWs&t=20s

A friend lives in Merrick Place and loves it.

https://www.merrickplaceapts.com/amenities.aspx

Heard good things about these also.

https://www.ntsparkplace.com/

https://www.forty57.com/

https://www.chinoecreek-prg.com/

You probably already know these but....some helpful apartment sites.

Some of the rental sites for this city:
Hotpads
(over 700 Apartments to rent...you can also check out home rentals there)

Zillow
Craigslist-Lexington
Apartments- Lexington
For Rent
Apartment Guide

Old 03-04-2019, 06:09 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
You mean... New York, the city? New York New York? Wow...

Have you visited Kentucky? There are a lot of reasons everything is cheaper here than in New York.

OK, so you're wondering if jobs are easy to find. That depends on what you do for a living. What do you want to do when you get here?

For that matter, why do you even want to come here other than to cut costs? It's a pretty big move. Be ready for a healthy dose of culture shock.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:37 PM

2 posts, read 2,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
You mean... New York, the city? New York New York? Wow...

Have you visited Kentucky? There are a lot of reasons everything is cheaper here than in New York.

OK, so you're wondering if jobs are easy to find. That depends on what you do for a living. What do you want to do when you get here?

For that matter, why do you even want to come here other than to cut costs? It's a pretty big move. Be ready for a healthy dose of culture shock.
Thanks everyone!
My fiancé has visited Kentucky many times visiting relatives. We live in Long Island New York so not quite the lifestyle of the city but it’s very expensive. Getting a house on Long Island Seems impossible, for the cost of a decent house would be the equivalent of a small mansion anywhere else ( including Kentucky) and let’s not get into how much car insurance is.
We would be looking for laborer positions and bookeeper with lots of legal experience as far as jobs go. Looking at some open positions, the salary amount is less, but not by a painful amount- Certainly liveable. Long Island is also extremely crowded feels like people are on top of you( traffic is dreadful everyday no matter the time)
Besides that, Kentucky is a beautiful state, and my fiancé would be able to be with her ederly relatives and we could help them out.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:30 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever3220 View Post
Thanks everyone!
My fiancé has visited Kentucky many times visiting relatives. We live in Long Island New York so not quite the lifestyle of the city but it’s very expensive. Getting a house on Long Island Seems impossible, for the cost of a decent house would be the equivalent of a small mansion anywhere else ( including Kentucky) and let’s not get into how much car insurance is.
We would be looking for laborer positions and bookeeper with lots of legal experience as far as jobs go. Looking at some open positions, the salary amount is less, but not by a painful amount- Certainly liveable. Long Island is also extremely crowded feels like people are on top of you( traffic is dreadful everyday no matter the time)
Besides that, Kentucky is a beautiful state, and my fiancé would be able to be with her ederly relatives and we could help them out.
Cool! Well, at least you're not coming into it blind. My wife is from New York, and we go back and forth from time to time. So I have a pretty good idea of the differences between the two places. You didn't ask for any advice about whether it's a good idea, so I won't offer any. You just asked about jobs, and yeah - you should be able to find decent jobs and reasonable housing options. As long as you understand what you're getting yourselves into, I say give it a go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky