Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 10:13 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times

Advertisements

deleted by creme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2022, 12:08 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,881,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
deleted by creme

Hum...how did you do that?

Old 02-12-2022, 04:59 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,083,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Hum...how did you do that?
You quickly go to “edit” (your post) and simply delete the text and add the word “deleted”.

Old 02-12-2022, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
You quickly go to “edit” (your post) and simply delete the text and add the word “deleted”.
Yep...quickly, I think about an hour...maybe less.

Old 02-14-2022, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Yep...quickly, I think about an hour...maybe less.

so sorry I wasn't here to answer your question....but I believe you received an answer.
Have a great day, oh, btw, happy Valentine's Day everyone.

Old 02-14-2022, 01:27 PM

Quote:
so sorry I wasn't here to answer your question....but I believe you received an answer.
Have a great day, oh, btw, happy Valentine's Day everyone.
Thanks but, I'm still

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Old 02-14-2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Thanks but, I'm still

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Thank you ......

oh ok, after you post something, I believe you have approx. an hour to make changes...so you press on Edit, I believe the button is an edit button, on the right hand side....at the bottom of your post. It says Edit then Quote....so click on Edit, and when your post comes up you can make any edit you would like or delete it, but when you delete it, you must write something...

So I went in and deleted my post, and then in order to do so, you have to write something or it won't delete it....so I wrote, something and then hit enter.

does that help?

Old 02-14-2022, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Thank you ......

oh ok, after you post something, I believe you have approx. an hour to make changes...so you press on Edit, I believe the button is an edit button, on the right hand side....at the bottom of your post. It says Edit then Quote....so click on Edit, and when your post comes up you can make any edit you would like or delete it, but when you delete it, you must write something...

So I went in and deleted my post, and then in order to do so, you have to write something or it won't delete it....so I wrote, something and then hit enter.

does that help?

Yep, I know but, how do you do that after an hour and a half?

I don't think I've ever deleted a post but, have edited...just curious...carry on.

Thanks

Old 02-14-2022, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Yep, I know but, how do you do that after an hour and a half?

I don't think I've ever deleted a post but, have edited...just curious...carry on.

Thanks

If you go into edit, you highlight the entire post and then hit delete.

If when you go in to delete the post, there is no edit button on the right at the bottom, then you no longer have the ability to do so, the system won't allow it.

Old 04-14-2022, 09:03 AM

Since I've posted this, have had the opportunity to speak with locals about this, and they do agree....so I asked them to please start speaking up...nothing will change in the community as far as diners are concerned, if people do not speak up.

A friend just came back from spring break vacation with family and said how delicious the food was and so many options...

It's very disappointing that locals here accept all this fried food. There was one pretty good restaurant I went to, O'Charly's, but they chose to cut so many good things from their menus....and no one seems to have a good selection of desserts, like pies, cakes, eclairs, cream puffs....and soups for an appetizer, like Chicken soups, barley soups.....great veggies, like califlower, peas, carrots, creamed cabbage, creamed spinach? Where is the diversity in home cooking?

Even the better restraunts here have very limited menus....it amazes me....why? Why no broiled seafoods?

I'm told everyone goes to Nashville, but it's over an hour drive, and the restaurants are extremely expensive, plus added veggies are a la carte...plus not everyone enjoys the ride down 65?

What about Hot Turkey or pork sandwhiches....you lay a piece of bread on a plate, cut sliced hot turkey
or beef over top, pour some gravy over and add another piece of bread and gravy over that?

I don't know, I just don't get it, BG is a meca for people who love to eat out....

What we need is a diner that is open from 6 a.m. until 10 p.m., with a menu that changes their soup appetizer every day as well as good vegtables and salad bars...believe me, there are so many transplants moving into BG that it is essential to change the restaurant selections....

Everyone that I've talked to are displeased with the food that the local diners and restaurants serve, and the higher end restaurants included.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 04-14-2022 at 10:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky