Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 06:49 AM

12 posts, read 42,010 times

Advertisements

My wife and I currently own a home in Mariemont, Ohio. After conferring with our accountant and due to the excessively high tax structure we plan a move to Northern Kentucky.

Can anyone please provide insight to decent neighborhoods in Northern Kentucky?

The home chosen should be within twenty minutes of "Pill Hill" in Cincinnati. Our interested price range falls between $450,000 and $700,000. We have no need for the services of a local school at our stage of life.

My wife likes the area around Devou Park, but we know little about the surrounding communities. Insight would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 06:29 PM

14 posts, read 67,328 times
Theres plenty of good neighborhoods. It really depends on what you're looking for.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:42 PM

21 posts, read 67,862 times
Most of Northern Kentucky, at least in my opinion, isnt much diffrent from Cinci. I personally love the Independance area. Its a little of the path, but very nice and safe. Then again most places are okay, with the exception on West Newport, I think. It seems that the sex offenders are attracted to that area.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:12 PM

145 posts, read 518,660 times
You can't go wrong with Park Hills. It is in your price range and the homes are beautiful. The homes mostly big and older and the community has a lot of charm and character. Cincy is just five to ten minutes away at the most. Just drive down the hill and you are their. If you want to be near Devou Park you can't do any better than this community. It is a beautiful place to live especially in the fall when the leaves are changing. A walking path now goes along the edge of Park Hills along devou park and is terrific to take a stroll on in the evening. It is worth your time to take a look. I am not from Park Hills, I live in Lexington but have some friends that live there and love it.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:57 PM

12 posts, read 42,010 times
Thank you for the input. We drove through Park Hills today and found it very desirable. There are several homes for sale, some by owner, that appear nice. Independence resides a bit far from the Pill Hill area but also appears to be a good choice. Where are the closest shopping areas for Park Hills? Does anyone have an opinion on Kenton Hills? Is it simply another name for Covington? Thank you.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:03 AM

21 posts, read 67,862 times
Being a college student, I like to shop. To be honest with you, for the size of the Greater Cincinnati area, the shopping sucks lol.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:34 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,804,487 times
Park Hills and Crestview Hills are where you need to look!

Park Hills is an upper middle-class community just five minutes from Downtown Cincinnati (in good traffic.) It is primarily residential with fairly strict zoning and provides some incredible views into the downtowns of Covington and Cincinnati, as well as Covington's beautiful Devou Park. Homes there generally start in the $200s, the level of educational attainment is among the highest of any community in all of Kentucky, and you're also very close to NKY's shopping hubs in Florence and Crestview Hills.

Crestview Hills is ten minutes or so from Downtown Cincy. It's on I-275 just east of I-75; you can also access it from I-75 onto southbound Buttermilk Pike. It's home to Thomas More College, a small Catholic liberal arts school that even has an MBA program. Across from TMC is NKY's newest shopping center, Crestview Hills Towne Center, a large lifestyle center with Macy's (I think), Barnes & Noble, Starbucks...something like 80 stores. It's very walkable, for the most part, parking's easy, and access in and out of the place is the easiest of any major shopping complex in all of Kentucky, IMO. It's a nice middle-class community that feels just slightly more rural than Park Hills or much of NKY...and you have access to pristine farmland and dense urbanity within ten minutes.

Another person mentioned Independence. Another nice community! About 20-23 minutes south of Downtown Cincy on KY 17. The great thing about Independence? Follow the signs that say KY 17 north over the Roebling Bridge (built in 1867 and the model and predecessor for the Brooklyn Bridge) into Cincy! Bam, you save time, headache and horrible I-75 traffic into the city, and you see some great historic architecture and Downtown Covington along the way. If you want to be very close to Cincy, though, Ind. might be a little to far for you.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:21 PM

14 posts, read 67,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeland_boy29 View Post
Most of Northern Kentucky, at least in my opinion, isnt much diffrent from Cinci. I personally love the Independance area. Its a little of the path, but very nice and safe. Then again most places are okay, with the exception on West Newport, I think. It seems that the sex offenders are attracted to that area.

I was going to disagree but then I thought about it and you're correct. I've witnessed two abductions when most people have never seen one. The first one when I was a kid and it was an older girl that kicked her way out of the car plus my mom was yelling at the guy with something in her hand. There was a anus load of skinheads back then too so that was different times. Then a couple years ago I heard a kid screaming while I was in some ones yard thinking they were being scolded and that turned out to be a kidnapping. Also when I was a kid a guy was yelling my name from a car but my neighbor told the guy to bounce and let my parents know. Hell my mom had a cop try to get her in a car when she was a kid and my grandpa who was also a cop beat the sheit out of him. I also lived next to a chester for a little bit but that was on the news and he had to move because people were mad about him being right next to a school.

Thats all the time I got for vodka induced story telling. Tune in next time to the same bat channel.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:33 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,084,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwards nose View Post
I was going to disagree but then I thought about it and you're correct. I've witnessed two abductions when most people have never seen one. The first one when I was a kid and it was an older girl that kicked her way out of the car plus my mom was yelling at the guy with something in her hand. There was a anus load of skinheads back then too so that was different times. Then a couple years ago I heard a kid screaming while I was in some ones yard thinking they were being scolded and that turned out to be a kidnapping. Also when I was a kid a guy was yelling my name from a car but my neighbor told the guy to bounce and let my parents know. Hell my mom had a cop try to get her in a car when she was a kid and my grandpa who was also a cop beat the sheit out of him. I also lived next to a chester for a little bit but that was on the news and he had to move because people were mad about him being right next to a school.

Thats all the time I got for vodka induced story telling. Tune in next time to the same bat channel.
Good Lord!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-23-2009, 05:44 PM

6 posts, read 64,186 times
You might also take a drive through Ft. Thomas in Campbell County. Homes are varied in style - north end of town has generally larger & pricier homes. It's been called the Hyde Park of Northern Ky. because of the lovely homes, sidewalks, people out and about. Not much shopping any closer than Crestview Towne Center or the Levee, though. Very close to Cincy & Pill Hill - easy access to I-471. I know schools aren't an issue for you, but Highlands is one of the best in the state, which won't hurt your resale value at a later date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky