Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2011, 06:25 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,228,278 times

Advertisements

I have seen the groundwork for the new "free standing" Chick-fil-a in Bristol near the Home Depot and putting the Mellow Mushroom across the street from there, but still not sure where they are putting the new Cheddars... does anyone know?

This will make Chick-fil-a # for Bristol. Its been an inconvenience going into the mall everytime you wanted Chick-fil-a.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 09:17 PM

woo-hoo, who cares? lol

I dont think anyone in Bristol is on this site?

Last edited by Tennesseestorm; 06-09-2011 at 09:32 PM..

Old 06-09-2011, 10:08 PM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
woo-hoo, who cares? lol

I dont think anyone in Bristol is on this site?
Don't I count?
I never hear any good gossip about new stuff coming to town though.

I'm going to be mildly excited if new stuff pops up at exit7, but really I'd like to see more things closer to the mall to draw more people into that area. Not to mention the mall area is closer and a lot more convenient for me than exit7.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:52 PM

7,542 posts, read 17,235,568 times
Honestly, I don't even know how to get to the Bristol Mall. I know downtown area and how to get to Exit 7 via 381, but seems like the mall may not be as well marked on the roads? Maybe they should put up some more signs!

Old 06-10-2011, 07:17 AM

2,172 posts, read 4,625,586 times
I lived in Bristol for 22 years, graduating from King College. I love Bristol, Broad St, Downtown Bristol, Steele Creek Park, even the Bristol Mall.

I hate Exit 7; seems like it was designed by apes.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Don't I count?
I never hear any good gossip about new stuff coming to town though.

I'm going to be mildly excited if new stuff pops up at exit7, but really I'd like to see more things closer to the mall to draw more people into that area. Not to mention the mall area is closer and a lot more convenient for me than exit7.
Sure you count! I didnt know you were in Bristol.

I agree, I would like to see more things around exit 1 area as well. I am in southeast Bristol TN and its quite a drive for me to exit 7. Its about 16 miles from my house on the south side of Bristol TN to the north side of Bristol VA. Alot of people dont realize how Bristol is so spread out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Honestly, I don't even know how to get to the Bristol Mall. I know downtown area and how to get to Exit 7 via 381, but seems like the mall may not be as well marked on the roads? Maybe they should put up some more signs!
lol, well its pretty easy if you get off at exit 1 on I-81 (just after you cross the Virginia state line) keep going and turn right at the first or second traffic light - there are about 2 or 3 entrances in. You are not missing much, more and more places are leaving the mall. Piccadilly was recently closed and they had been there since the mall opened in '76! Your right, there are really no roads in town that tell how to get to the mall. Bristol is not really "proud" of anything other than old downtown or exit 7. Bristol Tennessee is a joke. Nothing but car lots, fast food and a walmart. The only real sizable restaurant we have on TN side is Fatz. Cheddars was supposed to come to Bristol Tennessee, but now I hear its going to exit 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccrain View Post
I lived in Bristol for 22 years, graduating from King College. I love Bristol, Broad St, Downtown Bristol, Steele Creek Park, even the Bristol Mall.

I hate Exit 7; seems like it was designed by apes.
Yeah, me too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol