Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2008, 01:23 PM

21 posts, read 116,361 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Rigby, Idaho and have lived in Washington, Colorado, and California. I have moved 9 times in the last 2 years. And i just have to say that Barstow, California is the absolute worse place to live! I just had to get that off my chest. My husband and I are looking for the next place we will live (we travel so much cause of his work) and our options are North Dakota, Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois, D.C, Kansas, Alabama, Tennessee, Norh Carolina, South Carolina, Alaska, Florida, Louisiana, and Wisconsin. And I only have a few days to choose. Where would you suggest? oh and i cant handle humidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 02:57 PM

1,065 posts, read 3,869,640 times
Northeast Tennessee. You can't beat it.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:01 PM

279 posts, read 782,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucinaround View Post
My husband and I are looking for the next place we will live (we travel so much cause of his work) and our options are North Dakota, Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois, D.C, Kansas, Alabama, Tennessee, Norh Carolina, South Carolina, Alaska, Florida, Louisiana, and Wisconsin. And I only have a few days to choose. Where would you suggest? oh and i cant handle humidity.
if you cant handle humidity, i would take out: alabama, tennessee, NC, SC, florida, louisiana at minimum. i live in TN and its very humid here during the summer, and it just gets worse the more south you get.

oh and i live in middle TN and looking to get out

Old 01-20-2008, 04:33 PM

167 posts, read 258,485 times
I live in PA now, it gets humid sometimes but not that bad. I don't like that area because of the people mostly, and there isn't much in this area to do. It's a grey area for the most part. I have lived here so long because of my kids finishing school. My 16 year old is in 11 grade, and he's ready to move now. He doesn't want to wait to graduate. Neither of us is to happy here.

I grew up in Maryland and have lived in Virginia, Tennessee, Pennsylvania. Altogether I have moved about 23 times. I'm getting ready to move to NC. I didn't mind Maryland either, but on my own I can't afford Maryland. I can't take the cold weather anymore.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:06 AM

255 posts, read 757,430 times
Unhappy Just say NO to Florida

Although I don't like to put down any area because what one person might dislike another might love, BUT. If you don't like humidity, crowds, gangs, high cost of living, overcrowding in schools, 9 - 10 months of heat and humidity, large spanish speaking population, large homeless population, insecurity in jobs and expensive housing steer clear of Florida.

I have lived here for the past 12 years and it has gotten worse and worse over the past 6 years. I have friends and family scattered across the state and we all encounter pretty much the same situations. Sorry to be a downer but like they say..."It's a great place to visit, but ya wouldn't want to live there". Oh, yes one more thing; doctors here are a hit/miss thing also.

We are planning our move to the Tri-cities area this summer and we can't wait.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:44 PM

712 posts, read 1,488,270 times
Tennessee is a great state to live, I personally am partial to the Northeast part of the state. BUT if you cant handle humidity im not sure. The South is a fairly humid part of the country in general, and it can get a bit humid in TN. TN is, however, better than Alabama, SC, Florida, and Louisiana in terms of humidity.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:17 PM

227 posts, read 720,288 times
I grew up in Florida and lived in South Carolina for 3 very long years!! I wouldn't move back to either - especially because of the humidity. Northeast Tennessee is a beautiful place to live. It can get humid at times, but most of the time the weather is relatively mild (four beautiful seasons). You'll just have to come and visit!!

Old 01-30-2008, 10:30 PM

365 posts, read 1,010,617 times
I'll chime in on living in Wisconsin. We do get some humid days in the summer, but not nearly as much as some other states on your list. If you don't like the idea of six months of winter, with some harsh cold & wind then you won't care for Wisconsin. Depending on which city, median home costs can be high, property taxes are really high! Madison, Wi is very liberal thinking. Other then those things, there are some nice things to like about Wi.
I've been here 20 years, spent my first 21 years in Florida(would never go back) & am considering a move to either Indiana or NE Tennessee in a few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol