Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 12:31 PM

431 posts, read 1,220,176 times

Advertisements

Ok, I have 2yrs college related experience in the medical office field.

I was looking for some type of office work, even if it is starting as a file clerk or whatever. I have a lot of medical related coursework from Walter's State and Northeast State. I just never got the opportunity to put it to use. I just want to "get my foot in the door" somewhere and get experience.

I would not be able to work nights, but a weekend here and there might be ok. My husband works 2nd shift and there wouldn't be anybody to watch my kids at night.

I do like working for myself and being my own boss because I can set my own hours....but right now my clientele is down due to the economy. It also comes in handy because I can set my hours around my husband's work schedule and he is at home to take care of my kids while I am out working.

I made 80.00 in 3 hours the other day (!) and I wish I could do more work like that. It's just unfortunate that a lot of people are doing away with my service at this time. (I know I sound vague but you can pm me if you wonder what I am talking about...don't want to get in trouble on the board for "advertising").

So my next "wish" would be to get some sort of medical office related job. Benefits are not that important because my husband has good benefits. Hours are not that important, could be part time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 02:33 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,238,441 times
I would advise you to check Craigslist. The last time I was on there, there were several ads filling positions like medical office clerk, etc. etc.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:22 AM

243 posts, read 692,670 times
Be careful with job stuff on craiglist. . .especially if the e-mail address is a gmail address. A lot of those are phishing scams. They're easily recognized though, since they advertise things like $40,000 for a secretary position that only works like 25-30 hours a week.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:37 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
How's the job search going TnGal?

Old 05-18-2009, 08:42 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGal78 View Post
Ok, I have 2yrs college related experience in the medical office field.

I was looking for some type of office work, even if it is starting as a file clerk or whatever. I have a lot of medical related coursework from Walter's State and Northeast State. I just never got the opportunity to put it to use. I just want to "get my foot in the door" somewhere and get experience.

I would not be able to work nights, but a weekend here and there might be ok. My husband works 2nd shift and there wouldn't be anybody to watch my kids at night.

I do like working for myself and being my own boss because I can set my own hours....but right now my clientele is down due to the economy. It also comes in handy because I can set my hours around my husband's work schedule and he is at home to take care of my kids while I am out working.

I made 80.00 in 3 hours the other day (!) and I wish I could do more work like that. It's just unfortunate that a lot of people are doing away with my service at this time. (I know I sound vague but you can pm me if you wonder what I am talking about...don't want to get in trouble on the board for "advertising").

So my next "wish" would be to get some sort of medical office related job. Benefits are not that important because my husband has good benefits. Hours are not that important, could be part time.
Hey there -

Most healthcare office jobs are around $8 to start. Not sure if you are interested in that salary or not. If you could pick up more work ($80/3 hours) that would definitely be better cash flow wise.

Pulling for ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol