Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 09:51 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,350,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahavisnu View Post
Yeah, that tends to happen when you're openly trafficking marijuana by the lb.

Woodlands is pretty safe despite its proximity to Vestal, but it is party central (somehow), despite its isolated location, if that's an issue. Also, some might say it's a tad overpriced.
Let's be honest: you have an isolated community of college kids. Where are they going to go party? Unlike in The Fort, they can't walk to the strip or downtown. If they want to drive, they're not just risking DUI, but certain death along the windy, hilly Cherokee Trail. It makes perfect sense that there are tons of parties up there!

As for the marijuana trafficking....that's what leads to more burglaries and armed robberies involving students. That's why you have to be careful about who your neighbor is. I knew several normal looking/acting kids that turned out to be drug dealers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 09:41 PM

334 posts, read 1,283,629 times
Yes, we went and looked at The Retreat...nice place, but I was very concerned about Cherokee Trail. I really dread him traveling that on a daily basis.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:51 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,350,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNNative View Post
Yes, we went and looked at The Retreat...nice place, but I was very concerned about Cherokee Trail. I really dread him traveling that on a daily basis.
Not familiar with The Retreat, but I understand your concern about Cherokee Trail, especially at night.

I lived my upperclassman life in the Fort Sanders neighborhood. If I had it to do over again, I would live there again, and again, and again. But that was my personal preference.

But you really should try to let him decide what he wants. Part of the joy of college is the idea of freedom and independence. It's not a bad idea to give him some advice, but in the end, it should be up to him where he lives.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:51 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,345,480 times
The Retreat Knoxville - offering students a resort-like lifestyle in Knoxville, Tennessee

Old 02-25-2011, 06:58 PM

11 posts, read 21,988 times
Thank you for your input to this discussion. Our daughter is living in a downtown loft building and learning to be "street wise". I guess we need to be so every where we go. Our other daughter is in India utilizing the same skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
View detailed profiles of: