Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 07:02 AM

610 posts, read 1,624,190 times

Advertisements

Peddler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 02:35 PM

345 posts, read 922,295 times
To the OP:
I wish I could tell you of some outside places to go in that area but the main reason it exists is because it is a tourist area.

May I suggest a few options however, that you may find are good.

First, if you like mexican, may I recommend the Loco Burro, which is on the Gatlinburg strip. Food is excellent, as well as the service, and I suggest sitting on the outside top deck, to enjoy the awesome view. (weather permitting) This is not a chain restaurant.

If you are interested in deli food, try Parton's Deli, which is not far from the Hillbilly Golf location, coming into Gatlinburg on the Spur. It's a small place but has some of the best deli sandwiches I've ever had. It's easy to miss.

You cannot go wrong with the Pancake Pantry for breakfast in Gatlinburg, which is on the strip. Be prepared to wait but it is well worth it. This restaurant has been family owned forever, and has awesome service that goes with it's wonderful breakfasts.

Second, if you decide to travel to Pigeon Forge, I recommend Old Mill Pottery Restaurant. Not the location where the mill is, rather across the street. They have lunch specials that are out of this world and they make their own bakery fresh desserts. If you have the half sandwich and soup, you should be able to share a dessert. You won't regret it.

Another good place in Pigeon Forge is Huck Finn's Catfish & Chicken. This is not a chain restaurant. Food is good, as well as the service.

A Taste of India is a buffet but the locals who work nearby all say it is wonderful. A close friend of mine is very picky about her food and says she loves this place. The individuals who own it are from India so it is authentic style.

There is a local chain here that owns locations in Sevier and Knox County. They own the Smoky Mountain Brewery, Calhoun's, Cherokee Grill and Chesapeake. Go to Copper Cellar dot com and look at the locations they own. Smoky Mtn Brewery in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are both great places for pizza and beer. I'm not a big fan of Calhoun's, but that is my personal preference.

I hope you have a great trip and we appreciate you choosing our area to spend your vacation! Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville