Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2012, 08:37 AM

18 posts, read 61,943 times

Advertisements

We are planning a bachelorette party for this coming August and we are trying to decide where to go. Does anyone know if there are any night clubs or dance clubs in Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, or Gatlinburg?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 10:26 AM

610 posts, read 1,624,190 times
Hard Rock Cafe is probably your best bet. But seriously. There aren't much in the way of "night clubs" that you're probably wanting. At best Gatlinburg will offer up some bars and there's a cool open-air mexican restaurant with a patio. And everything closes earlier, since it's mostly a dry county.
You're in North Knoxville? I get with not wanting to do a bachelorette in your own city, but the downtown area is great if the bachelorette doesn't live in Knoxville.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:06 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Do they even sell liquor in Pigeon Forge and Sevierville? I know they do in Gatlinburg but all three are not nightclub kinds of places. It's a very conservative family-friendly area. Stick to Knoxville, probably the Old City.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:27 PM
BST

451 posts, read 1,203,009 times
Blaine's in Gatlinburg, near the Space Needle. That's about it for dance clubs in the area. Some restaurants in Gatlinburg will feature live music acts and have small dance floors - Smoky Mtn Brewery comes to mind - that's a little more hit-or-miss. You might look into the Park Vista Hotel and its lounges. Good luck and best wishes to the bride!

Old 05-01-2012, 02:45 PM

345 posts, read 922,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viridian_vixen View Post
We are planning a bachelorette party for this coming August and we are trying to decide where to go. Does anyone know if there are any night clubs or dance clubs in Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, or Gatlinburg?
Pigeon Forge only sells beer, no liquor.

There are several clubs in Gatlinburg but no "dance" clubs.

Are you looking for bars to travel to or are you looking to just walk?

Old 05-01-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMopar View Post
Pigeon Forge only sells beer, no liquor.

There are several clubs in Gatlinburg but no "dance" clubs.

Are you looking for bars to travel to or are you looking to just walk?
we were thinking about doing a cabin for the weekend and having a girls getaway. Most of the girls are from the Bristol area, I'm from Knoxville, so we were just thinking that would be a good weekend trip. But the more we think about it the more we are leaning towards just going to Myrtle Beach lol

Old 05-01-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airen123 View Post
Hard Rock Cafe is probably your best bet. But seriously. There aren't much in the way of "night clubs" that you're probably wanting. At best Gatlinburg will offer up some bars and there's a cool open-air mexican restaurant with a patio. And everything closes earlier, since it's mostly a dry county.
You're in North Knoxville? I get with not wanting to do a bachelorette in your own city, but the downtown area is great if the bachelorette doesn't live in Knoxville.
We did that for the last bachelorette party, and the bride from that one will also be at this one, and it was fun. We went to DGB and NV and then for pedicures the next day, but we were just looking for something a little more vacationy for this one. But we did want to go out dancing one night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BST View Post
Blaine's in Gatlinburg, near the Space Needle. That's about it for dance clubs in the area. Some restaurants in Gatlinburg will feature live music acts and have small dance floors - Smoky Mtn Brewery comes to mind - that's a little more hit-or-miss. You might look into the Park Vista Hotel and its lounges. Good luck and best wishes to the bride!
Thanks we may look into it if we do decide on Gatlinburg. Thank you!

Old 05-02-2012, 06:07 AM

345 posts, read 922,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viridian_vixen View Post
we were thinking about doing a cabin for the weekend and having a girls getaway. Most of the girls are from the Bristol area, I'm from Knoxville, so we were just thinking that would be a good weekend trip. But the more we think about it the more we are leaning towards just going to Myrtle Beach lol
I don't blame you there, LOL.

I'll be honest with you, I see Gatlinburg as a family oriented area. Since you are from Knoxville, I would think it would be a blast to rent a limo and drive around to different clubs. We did that in Ohio (where I am originally from) when my youngest sister got married. Several of us got a hotel room, so we didn't have to drive, and the driver picked us up there and drove us around. We had a blast! There are so many awesome clubs in K'town, you could start downtown and work your way back to west Knox.
Just a suggestion.

Hope you all have a blast! Be safe and best wishes to the bride and groom!

Old 05-02-2012, 06:54 AM

610 posts, read 1,624,190 times
Asheville could be fun, more in between the Knoxville-Bristol girls and unfamiliar territory?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville