Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 03:19 PM

3 posts, read 2,871 times

Advertisements

hello, all my name is Stu and the wife and I want to move to the Knoxville area to basically retire, and just breath the great air.

We will be moving from our current state at the end of May.

We could use some help / opinions on the best counties / areas to call home.

We are looking to rent a home within a budget of $650- $750 max.

2 bedroom minimum 3 bedroom ideal.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but from my research I have found that the west side of Knoxville is a very good place to live in, and I must state that like many of you do not want to have to worry about high drug, and thug areas, as our purpose for the move is to relax and enjoy our lives.,

Due to my health we will need to be at least nor more than 15-20 miles from a hospital ( I have emphysema) and I flare up, now and then.

Can you nice folks please give us your opinions on the following areas.

white pine

pigeon forge

Lenoir city

fountain city

Farragut

Clinton

Morristown

I want to take the time to thank you in advance for your reply's.

Bless you all

Stu & Linda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 04:26 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,594,235 times
Befor we give advice - have you checked the air quality stats? It's OK for healthy people but someone with emphysema might want to look elsewhere.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:47 PM

Hi, and yes I have, as far as air quality. And I still want to move to the Knoxville area, .
Thanks much for the concern, and if you would like to give some opinions that would be great.

I am looking in the west Knoxville area, as far away as I can be from the petro refinery's/ plants

Last edited by StuandLinda; 03-26-2013 at 06:58 PM..

Old 03-26-2013, 07:24 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,594,235 times
I think West Knoxville, Pigeon Forge and Farragut will be out of your budget range.

The others will be affordable.

In any of these communites you could run across bad neighbors, but it is just as likely they will be good. You really need to do your research and not rent from afar. I'll suggest a summer sublease in Knoxville for your base camp.

Considering proximity to hospitals your best bet is to be 15-20 miles from Tenova north. Or would a smaller hospital work? I think Morristown has one.

There are no petro refineries here.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:48 AM

Thanks everyone. We have decided to rent a apartment first, and then take a month or 2 (as needed) to find the right place.

Can't wait to get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville