Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2013, 10:07 AM

950 posts, read 3,192,065 times

Advertisements

Food Trucks May Soon Be Allowed on City Streets

I am not really fond of food trucks though I am sure there are some really good ones out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 10:09 AM

950 posts, read 3,192,065 times
Knoxville's New Wave of Food Trucks : Knoxville Photo Galleries : Metro Pulse

Old 08-15-2013, 10:45 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Knoxvillians have been using food trucks for quite awhile. I've been going to the Cruze Farm one down at the Market Square farmer's market for a few years now. Savory and Sweet is wildly popular and is always down there. When HGTV renovated their cafeteria they contracted with them to serve their employees every day. Petro's has a couple of them. I hear great things about Tootsie's as well as Hoof. There's also a local Mexican family that makes the rounds with great authentic food. Here's a pretty good website to local food trucks. It's not all of them but it is a good start.

Food Trucks | Roaming Hunger

Old 08-15-2013, 12:09 PM

148 posts, read 305,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Food Trucks May Soon Be Allowed on City Streets

I am not really fond of food trucks though I am sure there are some really good ones out there.

I know the DC Metro area has plenty of them and its a culture over there. I guess it saves time than going to MacDonalds or something like that.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cycholl View Post
I know the DC Metro area has plenty of them and its a culture over there. I guess it saves time than going to MacDonalds or something like that.
Food trucks that I've been to are far, far, far better than McDonald's. They're based on a foodie culture and I love them! If you're thinking hot dogs and hamburger, think again. Most of the food is locally sourced, for starters.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:05 PM

79 posts, read 121,185 times
As long as they have safe fresh food I say let em in. Of course the good ole gov. has to have their hand in it.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:20 PM

As I said, they are here already, in fact longer than last year which is what the article claims. The biggest part of the problem has come from food establishments that pay rent - or own - for bricks and motar spaces. Once the food trucks started pulling customers from them, the rumblings started. These trucks already have permits.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:00 PM

148 posts, read 305,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Food trucks that I've been to are far, far, far better than McDonald's. They're based on a foodie culture and I love them! If you're thinking hot dogs and hamburger, think again. Most of the food is locally sourced, for starters.
That's good to here the food will be better. Should of made myself more clearer, when I stated McDonalds's, I meant the convenience factor of it. Personally since food trucks were not permitted in our compound, I never tried the food, let alone know what they sell in them. I did see them drive all over the place though and heard other people talk about it......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville