Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2008, 06:10 PM

23 posts, read 82,779 times

Advertisements

My wife & I will be moving to Vonore, TN. in 5 yrs. I am Home Handyman, verse in many Trades of home repair. Want to stay busy during my retirement
helping people with home repairs. Want to work with Churches in the area for small fee, barter, or charity. Want to help the older folks or children of need. Willing to teach or consult home owners, who want to repair their own homes, consulting fee very reasonable.

Last edited by sebtec; 03-01-2008 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: grammer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 08:01 PM

16,180 posts, read 32,613,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebtec View Post
My wife & I will be moving to Vonore, TN. in 5 yrs. I am Home Handyman, verse in many Trades of home repair. Want to stay busy during my retirement
helping people with home repairs. Want to work with Churches in the area for small fee, barter, or charity. Want to help the older folks or children of need. Willing to teach or consult home owners, who want to repair their own homes, consulting fee very reasonable.
seb, Hello and welcome to the forum! Good handymen are hard to find in any area it seems and I am sure that you won't have any trouble finding work. The next 5 years are going to fly by and you will be here in TN in no time!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:11 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,164,483 times
I think that considering the housing market right now and for the next year or two, we'll see more and more demand for home handymen.

I would imagine that more folks are going to be fixing up their current homes and adding on rather than buying a new-to-them home.

If you can't sell the one you have now - fix it up!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:43 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,462,602 times
Isn't this the guy that promised to open a Polish deli? Don't encourage this handyman thing!

Actually, I agree, Gem. That's why my husband has been doing so well as an auto mechanic, I think.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:35 PM

13,380 posts, read 40,163,827 times
Quote:
I don't use a handyman very much (I try to do things on my own--which often results in having to hire a handyman to clean up my mess, grrrrrr) but when I do, I have a retired fellow who does a great job and is eager to work just to have something to do (I think his wife enjoys it when he's got stuff to do, too, heh heh).

In other words, I think you would be a definite asset to the area. I think there are a lot of people like me who would rather hire a friendly retiree like you rather than someone from the Home Depot bulletin board. And since you're not relying on this to pay the mortgage, you can take your time, make friends along the way, and enjoy your retirement.

Welcome to Tennessee!

Old 03-09-2008, 04:36 PM

Thanks for your confidence

Old 03-09-2008, 04:45 PM

My home is all set to sell, all the walls are painted, hardwood floor all recondition & landscaping is done. Need to stage all the rooms for showing.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:49 PM

Your right, I wouldn't become rich but I could make some friends. I want to stay busy without the stress.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:18 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,164,483 times
Quote:
Your right, I wouldn't become rich but I could make some friends. I want to stay busy without the stress.
Sebtec, I think you would do fine any place you choose to retire to. You sound like the sort of gentleman that we would all like to know and trust to get our little repairs and whatnot done around the house.

I am sure that I will be needing someone like you to do jobs at our home. Hubby sold all of his power tools so he has an excuse not to do anything in his retirement!

And, I'm not too sure about calling on JMT for help. It sounds like he needs help himself!

Churches, clubs and golf clubs are usually happy to have retirees look after their general maintenance, also. A little extra cash for Dollywood!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville