Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 08:38 AM

19 posts, read 33,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
Hi, moving08. I am not yet a resident of E. TN, but will be in the near future and have spent a lot of time visiting the area around Knoxville. The towns suggested are all nice little towns and sound like just what you would be looking for.

I was born and raised 80 north of Carlisle, but spend several days there in town every Aug. It has changed so much over the years, along with other Harrisburg/Allentown/York area towns. Too bad.

But, topographically, E TN is very similar to that area and you will feel right at home - but, without all of the snow!

It seems to me that an LPN has so many options that you shouldn't have any problem getting a job, so you want that at the top of your list of things to do. With nursing homes, doctors' practices and several top-notch hospitals in the Knoxville area, there should be something for someone with experience. And, you would be close to hospitals and schools where you can go on to get your RN degree.

I hope you find everything you need in a new home - including someplace that will rent to you with your dogs.
Keep us posted on your upcoming visit. That is another must-do. Best of everything to you. You can see from all of these knowledgeable folks that you have a place to go to for information and help.
Gemkeeper, You are right about those cold winters. People are not as friendly here at first. TN did remind me of here topographically, Friend that was with me said " you drive well for never being here before" it reminds me of PA. She's from NJ where its flat and straight oh except for those circles they still have in some places. If your from or been there you know what a circle is! And yes I'm so glad I found this forum, haven't been to TN and feel like I'm already making friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 09:34 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin08 View Post
Gemkeeper, You are right about those cold winters. People are not as friendly here at first. TN did remind me of here topographically, Friend that was with me said " you drive well for never being here before" it reminds me of PA. She's from NJ where its flat and straight oh except for those circles they still have in some places. If your from or been there you know what a circle is! And yes I'm so glad I found this forum, haven't been to TN and feel like I'm already making friends.
They're called rotaries in Mass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville