Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 10:44 AM

61 posts, read 185,491 times

Advertisements

Ok, i finally made the move the week of Thanksgiving to be with my g/f who relocated right before Halloween. 10 hours in the truck with a cat who hates to be in a cage was not fun. The next morning, when i started unloading the U-Haul, it started raining, just like when we moved my g/f. But, i am here and loving it so far. Would love it more with a job, hopefully that will be solved by the end of this week. We went to the Christmas Parade Saturday night, was a little chilly, but we had a good time. We just love the small town feel and how friendly everyone is here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 11:06 AM

811 posts, read 2,013,394 times
Glad you made it here okay! Welcome to TN!

Old 12-09-2008, 11:08 AM

24,776 posts, read 28,571,006 times
How did the cat do in the move ? The reason I ask I have a Queen of the House also, and maybe hope !! moving that way.Any suggestions would be of great help on moving with a "Cat" >"< ...

Old 12-09-2008, 11:24 AM

197 posts, read 486,364 times
Gretzky~ WELCOME HOME!!!! So glad you are here. I hope the job thing is taken care of by the end of the week also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
How did the cat do in the move ? The reason I ask I have a Queen of the House also, and maybe hope !! moving that way.Any suggestions would be of great help on moving with a "Cat" >"< ...
I do cat transports for Siamese Cat Rescue Center, so I know lots of "dos and don'ts" with that. I also moved with my cat to California and back. How about we start another thread about how that is done? I don't want to hijack Gretzky's WELCOME HOME thread.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:46 AM

391 posts, read 1,361,444 times
Welcome to Knoxville Gretsky, glad you made the move safely. Sorry about the rain. Twice. I put in a good word for you and got it up to the 60's today to make up for it. Hope everything works well with the job hunt. By your screen name, you may want to check out a Knoxville Ice Bears game if you're a hockey fan, they can be fun on promo nights....

Old 12-09-2008, 02:57 PM

24,776 posts, read 28,571,006 times
Cool How to move your cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarijen View Post
Gretzky~ WELCOME HOME!!!! So glad you are here. I hope the job thing is taken care of by the end of the week also.

I do cat transports for Siamese Cat Rescue Center, so I know lots of "dos and don'ts" with that. I also moved with my cat to California and back. How about we start another thread about how that is done? I don't want to hijack Gretzky's WELCOME HOME thread.
Sounds like a winner on a new thread.... Moving the "Cat" but we may run into a problem with the dog owners. We should include them also..

Old 12-09-2008, 03:06 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,360,151 times
See how William is? He even fixed the weather for us!

Glad you made it. Knoxville is wonderful, isn't it?

Old 12-09-2008, 06:27 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,686,437 times
Welcome to Knoxville, Gretzky. Wishing you the best with your job search.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:29 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,963,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
Tinman,
I moved from Florida with 4 cats in the car. 12 hours on the road. We didn't stop till we hit Chattanooga. I bought something from Pet Supermarket that you spray in the carrier and it keeps them calm. It worked. They only meowed a little at first, but stayed quiet most of the way. We did stop along the way and tried putting each one into the litter box we had in the car. Nope! Not doing it! LOL! They were sort of traumatized by the end of the trip. They didn't want to eat or drink for a day, but after that, they were fine.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:50 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,671,295 times
For traveling with cats, just stick them in the carrier and go. They'll be fine.
I used to go from Washington, D.C. to NYC every Christmas accompanied by two -four cats who weren't real happy about it including a very, very loud and vocal Siamese. Thankfully, she'd get hoarse about the Jersey border and just croak the rest of the way. They were fine, despite blizzards, unexpected stops, car problems, etc.
I moved from Washington, D.C. to south Georgia with four cats. Stopped in Raleigh for the night and had to stay in a motel in Georgia for a night. They weren't happy about it but they survived. They all came to Knoxville with me.
A real loud radio or headphones are big help for your sanity. I never stopped long at gas stations or to get food. I didn't want to leave them in the car
Make sure they're securely in roomy carriers and the carriers are strapped in with seat belts. You don't want to have to worry about the carrier falling off the seat in a sudden stop.
You may want to put a little bit of water in the bowl that comes with the carrier but they won't drink it. Won't use the litter box, either. None of mine every did.
Do not let them out of the carriers. It will just make them frantic and will take forever to get them back in.
Mine just huddled together, yowled occasionally to let me know how unhappy they were with me, but otherwise survived just fine. They were so relieved to be done with the trip that they accepted the new place as home immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville