Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2010, 08:31 PM

36 posts, read 63,708 times

Advertisements

hi all.

we are planning our move to knoxville from out of state. we are currently looking at houses in the heart of farragut or the seven oaks sub division in the cedar bluffs area. any ideas on advantages of either? we have 3 kids ages 9,6, and 3 and we are looking for family friendly areas, not necessarily retirement style communities.

also, does anyone have any information on girl scouts in the west knox area?

thank you and look forward to being residents here in July!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 08:51 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
We relocated to Knoxville almost five years ago. I think Farragut and Seven Oaks are both great areas with lots of amenities.

We lived in Florida for awhile. This area is not a retirement area. Retirees are more than welcome and we have them, but we don't have places geared just for them like they have in Florida. I call them senior citizen ghettos. I could never figure out if they were gating those folks in or trying to keep the younger folks out.

This area has happy folks from all age groups.

We have a ten-year-old and she was in girl scouts for awhile. The headquarters for Southwest Virginia all the way to North Georgia is right here in West Knoxville. This chapter is now called The Girl Scout Council of the Southern Appalachians. If you want info about who to call, send me a DM.

Who Are We?

Old 04-08-2010, 06:20 AM

thank you hiknapster - will do.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:08 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,389,653 times
Hey kupfner, also some great agents here, and the Cedar Bluff area you will love as the school system is super and many great areas to choose from. Crestwood Hills, Gulf Wood, Gulf Park, Belmount West all are so convienent. Most of these areas, are 25 to 40 years old, so would want to make sure some updating has been done, and prices will range from the 185,000 to 250,000. You can check out the schools on kgis.org. Good luck and enjoy west Knoxville.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
We relocated to Knoxville almost five years ago. I think Farragut and Seven Oaks are both great areas with lots of amenities.

We lived in Florida for awhile. This area is not a retirement area. Retirees are more than welcome and we have them, but we don't have places geared just for them like they have in Florida. I call them senior citizen ghettos. I could never figure out if they were gating those folks in or trying to keep the younger folks out.

This area has happy folks from all age groups.

We have a ten-year-old and she was in girl scouts for awhile. The headquarters for Southwest Virginia all the way to North Georgia is right here in West Knoxville. This chapter is now called The Girl Scout Council of the Southern Appalachians. If you want info about who to call, send me a DM.

Who Are We?
hiknapster - somewhat new to city data, how do I direct message you?

Old 04-08-2010, 07:57 PM

thank you oldmanbob,
we looked at house in seven oaks today and really liked the property... the subdivision looked decent as well. I will have more questions coming as july is right around the corner!

Old 04-09-2010, 10:04 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,389,653 times
Your welcome kkupfner, thats a real good location and property value there has maintained well as most the homes are in great condition. You are so close to so many great resturants and all the modern shopping centers. Believe the school system is Cedar Bluff and Bearden, and all good.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:34 PM

TapperMel,
I am sorry but we have decided to buy... thank you for offering first dibs, though! Good luck with your move and finding renters.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:48 PM

It sounds absolutely gorgeous Tappermel... like my dream house - but because of my husband's training we have moved our children three times in the past nine years and we just don't want to move to a house and then move them to a different house a year later. Some people may say I should definitely rent because I am unfamiliar with west knoxville, but we are relying on extensive research of the area and frequent visits! Again, I appreciate your time and wish you luck with the whole process.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:28 PM

11 posts, read 16,821 times
Good luck! Feel free to let me know if I can help. I have been there, done that. Moved 3 states in 5 years -- Knoxville is "home" so I know all the ins and outs.
Take care and again, good luck!

Last edited by knoxgarden; 04-13-2010 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: discussing moderator action is a violation of TOS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
View detailed profiles of: