Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 05:42 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,268,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
How it this comment going to benefit you, and the city you live in?

Do you really want it to get worse?
I am VERY upset with this city now. I just got pulled over for speeding when I was driving to work this week. They even doubled the fine so now I have to pay $600 (two weeks pay for me) for going 7mph over the speed limit. I now hate this city and would love to see its demise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 07:03 AM

11 posts, read 14,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Just like in every single town across the usa and in other countries.

True. But the numbers are a lot higher than the rest of the nation.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:13 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,475,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I am VERY upset with this city now. I just got pulled over for speeding when I was driving to work this week. They even doubled the fine so now I have to pay $600 (two weeks pay for me) for going 7mph over the speed limit. I now hate this city and would love to see its demise.

All you have to do it take it to one of the ticket places. There is one on 4th we used only payed $35.00, then they get it dropped to a parking ticket. I think we had to pay like $150.00 or something like that. A lot less then the $600.00. Just Google ticket places online. There are several now that will do everything online, and they will mail you the info on where to send your payment. You never have to leave your apartment.

Last edited by BUGBULLY; 11-06-2010 at 07:44 AM..

Old 11-06-2010, 07:16 AM

122 posts, read 239,382 times
Many Out of Towners are typically California Plates....Some even live here yet have Cali plates because of the lower registration rates...But I wouldnt be surprised if they do random stops - we have a little problem with drunk drivers over here and they gotta do their job.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:00 AM

901 posts, read 1,900,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FALLOUT-NEW-VEGAS-HAHAHA View Post
Many Out of Towners are typically California Plates....Some even live here yet have Cali plates because of the lower registration rates...But I wouldnt be surprised if they do random stops - we have a little problem with drunk drivers over here and they gotta do their job.
True. I went on a ride-along with the NHP a while back. They don't target out-of-state drivers, but it's just that a lot of the traffic here happens to be from CA.

What really surprised me was the percentage of drivers we pulled over that night that were driving on a suspended license, didn't have insurance, or had outstanding warrants.

Last edited by Trash Can; 11-06-2010 at 08:25 AM..

Old 11-06-2010, 08:33 AM

102 posts, read 217,823 times
Quote:
do the crime pay the fine. You're mad at the city because you broke the law.........how ironic ... normally i love your posts but this is ............ come on....

Old 11-06-2010, 08:51 AM

88 posts, read 258,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO.KI View Post
do the crime pay the fine.
"Crimes" are punished because they hurt someone (at least in theory). I really don't think that LVD driving an extra 7mph on a road he is probably familiar with is likely to hurt anyone. There are plenty of areas around town where traffic could safely travel at an extra 10-15mph. The limits are set to allow metro to make quick money. Best thing you can do it fight it, or at a minimum show up for court and make it as unprofitable for them as possible.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:14 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,645,927 times
Quote:
WHOA! Double fines all the way! WHOA!

-- The mageek guy

Old 11-06-2010, 09:29 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,235,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Last time I went to Vegas, it seems like the local police department was randomly pulling over out-of-towners. And as we left LV, it looked like they were trying to pull over everyone who were leaving town.

Don't they have anything better to do than try to waste out-of-towners' time? Do they always treat visitors like this?
State Police generally haunt highways...most of Vegas highway traffic leads to California. I think it is almost impossible for Nevada State Police to do their job and NOT be pulling over 'out-of-towners' in the process.

No doubt speeders and drunks on their way to California, certainly make it easy for highway patrol to do their job. Do you really want that drunk guy to be left alone and sharing that long highway back with you to L.A.?

Old 11-06-2010, 09:44 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,142,068 times
if it was doubled it was probably in a school zone....put on your big girl panties and man up for a change....take responsibility for your own actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas