Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 05:46 AM

508 posts, read 1,022,320 times

Advertisements

Sorry this post is more of a rant then a question and heck since I spend so much time with all you guys and gals I thought I would post it.

This week has been a real bad week. As some of you know I had used a Vegas Moving company to store some of my things while I was away and that they got delivered.

Well the inventory of items is done and I am still missing a lot of stuff. I know I have to go file a police report when I get home...

anyone know which police department I would file the stolen items at??? Henderson or LVMPD cause (I live in Henderson lines but the moving company falls under LVMPD)

I do have pictures of the day before the movers came and then I have pictures of all the way through the unpacking process with all damages. Anyway the list is as follows

STOLEN ITEMS:
  • Nikon digital camera with lenses
  • XBox 360 4GB Console w/Kinect
  • FNX-9 9mm handgun black and silver with 4" barrel. It’s an ambidextrous pistol with ammo and interchangeable hand guards
  • My husband's cell phone... a Verizon Samsung Fascinate with black plastic cover
  • My custom ring that my husband gave me for our first anniversary.
I know i cant file the damaged items but just because I am ranting here they are...

DAMAGED ITEMS:
  • Entertainment Center
  • Dining Table
  • 50” plasma TV
  • Shoe shelves for the foyer
  • Tall Glass Set
  • Short Glass Set
  • My sofa set is now blue from the blankets they wrapped them in. and there is a cut on the large sofa
  • Coffee table
  • Wedding Dress damaged (it was in preservation box. box was heavily damaged and dress is now damaged
  • Book Shelf
  • Floor fan is broken
  • All glass in almost every picture frame is broken
Then just to top it off I got a call from the bank today…. Apparently someone is using my credit card in Porto Rico… Yippppe fun week…. I swear I have the best luck ever L I could cry….

Anyway any advise would be appreciated….
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 06:03 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,812,265 times
You would file the report in the city the crime took place in. If the crime took place in an unincorporated area, you file with the sheriff.

Bill (retired LEO)

Old 09-17-2011, 06:09 AM

So vegas it is I guess. The stuff was at their warehouse for 6 months... Thanks UTES!

Old 09-17-2011, 07:17 AM

400 posts, read 564,062 times
You put your 9mm in storage?

Old 09-17-2011, 07:17 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
File it as soon as possible since one of the stolen items is a handgun. Also, did you file a claim with the moving company?

Old 09-17-2011, 07:21 AM

Esas - I didnt have anyplace else to keep it and it was supposed to be secure. It was a company not a self store... they came, they packed, they stored, and then they delivered.

VLWH - Yeah the second I get back in vegas thats teh first thing I will do. :-( trust me thats exactally how i wanted to spend my first day back...

Old 09-17-2011, 07:50 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,639,977 times
I would sue them, and file a CRIMINAL police report, the theft of firearms is SERIOUS

Jonathan

Old 09-17-2011, 07:56 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,996 times
CALL your local Police Dept. They can give you the BEST answer. Good Luck and BESURE you do everyting you need to do about that gun... You DO NOT want to be accused of somethng you did not committ.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
I would sue them, and file a CRIMINAL police report, the theft of firearms is SERIOUS

Jonathan
I tried contacting an attorney and all they said is "did you file a claim with the moving company?" and "that the cost of an attorney is really high" before I can even get out what was stolen....

and I did find out what I have to do to file the claim and (brace yourself) they will give me 30 cents per pound....

so If i file maybe someday I will get reimburses a whopping $30 dollars or so....

Yeah I am filing a police report... first thing I am doing as soon as I land... not how i wanted to spend my day

Old 09-17-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
CALL your local Police Dept. They can give you the BEST answer. Good Luck and BESURE you do everyting you need to do about that gun... You DO NOT want to be accused of somethng you did not committ.
Yeah thanks for the advice.... I am not worried about being accused of anything, I didnt do anything and I was not even in the country let alone the state when it was stolen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: