Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 07:59 PM

3 posts, read 3,990 times

Advertisements

and it was never taken off of the market for rent as stated by the receptionist, office manager and on the forms signed. The remaining balance was to be paid on move-in day. The day before my family and I were to leave California and move in, I received a call that they decided to go with someone else. My family and I had the U-haul and cars packed and ready to pull out the following morning, and then I get this call stating that a decision was made to go with another family. Is this legal or just unethical? My family and I had to spend excessive money renting motel rooms, eating out every meal and having to pay for a storage and countless application and credit check fee's.

Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 08:27 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,947,596 times
Read your contract with the mgmt company, every last word, especially the fine print. If they are in breach of your agreement, then there is one thing you must do:

Get a lawyer.

Don't shy away from legal fights if you know the truth is on your side, they count on that. Teach them a lesson.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:28 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,192,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avandmal View Post
and it was never taken off of the market for rent as stated by the receptionist, office manager and on the forms signed. The remaining balance was to be paid on move-in day. The day before my family and I were to leave California and move in, I received a call that they decided to go with someone else. My family and I had the U-haul and cars packed and ready to pull out the following morning, and then I get this call stating that a decision was made to go with another family. Is this legal or just unethical? My family and I had to spend excessive money renting motel rooms, eating out every meal and having to pay for a storage and countless application and credit check fee's.

Please help!
Well it has been done. However you can complain to the Real Estate Division...you can complain to GLVAR if the PM company is Realtors...and you can sue them in small claims court for what it cost you.

This of course presumes that the paper says what you say it did.

I would be surprised that there is not a clause that says we don't have to do this if we don't want to...PM generally are good at that. But take them to small claims court anyway. You might well win particularly if they waited to the end to tell you it was off.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:28 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,984,887 times
what did the forms that you signed say....it would not be taken off the mls, it would be placed on contingency

Old 02-16-2011, 08:31 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,192,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Read your contract with the mgmt company, every last word, especially the fine print. If they are in breach of your agreement, then there is one thing you must do:

Get a lawyer.

Don't shy away from legal fights if you know the truth is on your side, they count on that. Teach them a lesson.
You generally can't use a lawyer practically in small claims court. Costs to much and you generally can't get legal fees.

However it is not a bad format for the civilian. The judge generally helps get it straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas