Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 05:00 PM

347 posts, read 542,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyatwozero1 View Post
Hi everyone,

I live in an older home on the eastside...I just have a question as to what you all think or if any of you know what to do in what I just experienced.
Not too long ago a couple of "curb painters" came by my house and said that they're from the Nevada safety whatever they came from, I didn't quite catch it but, they looked fishy to me. They had safety vests and looked legit.
They said that they were to paint the address number on the curb so that in case of emergency, at night they would be able to see the number on the curb.
They said that they came by every year to paint the number and they've been doing it for 15 years. And they were trying to charge me $25 for it.
I let them know that the county was just in the neighborhood a month ago and that they repainted the number so, it was still fresh. They seemed to be very upset with that. Then they went on and said oh they're not allowed to do that, if we catch them then we could fine them a $1000 for it and they did it wrong.
So, they had no choice but, to leave. My bad was that I didn't ask for their credentials.
Can anyone help me with this? I know that they'll be back, are they legit?do I have to pay this FEE?
Next time tell them you are underwater on your home and if an accident were to happen, you don't want the fire department finding your home easy. If those guys come and paint then numbers on your home, tell them you've got your friend Mr. Smith and Mr Glock and Mrs. Browning to answer to. I think if I was a scammer I'd be more afraid of any underwater home owners (who need a place/person to release their anger on) than just an upset customers who actually might pay. Show them you got a black belt in Crazy and they'll skip you and go on to the next victim uh i mean customer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 10:03 PM

110 posts, read 236,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annieosage View Post
Hey I grew up in Downey!! Are you still there??
yes, right off firestone and paramount

Old 08-03-2012, 01:23 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,940,032 times
Here in Cali they do this with the permission of the city.. At least the one I lived in..The city gives them a permit to do this for 2 reasons.

One - the city does not have to send out any of their people to do this and use their own supplies....

Two - this company paints the numbers and if you pay them they take money out for supplies and cost and then give the rest to the city....

If you do not pay them or nobody does, the city still pays them out of it Misc money pile. Although they still had to pay the people they were not paying the higher Unions cost associated with city employees......

So usually its a win win situation for the city...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas