Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 09:41 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Anyone that is going to resort to eating dog food is just an idiot.
My grandfather used to eat Milkbone dog bicuits as snacks...and lived until the ripe old age of 88. He even snuck me a few behind my mother's back when I was a kid visiting him...and they weren't that bad tasting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 09:54 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
My grandfather used to eat Milkbone dog bicuits as snacks...and lived until the ripe old age of 88. He even snuck me a few behind my mother's back when I was a kid visiting him...and they weren't that bad tasting!
i tried those when I was about 9. I thought "if the dogs really like them, they must be great."
They didn't taste bad, but the dogs would tackle us when we tried to eat them. I'm glad I only did that a few times.
I was in that phase between 7-11 when I had to try so many things and learned from my mistakes. Instant dry coffee was terrible by the way when tried plain.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
i tried those when I was about 9. I thought "if the dogs really like them, they must be great."
Grandpa's thinking exactly. (I think that beacuse it had the word "Milk" in it...it also made it sound healthy???? )

Old 03-05-2011, 11:25 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Grandpa's thinking exactly. (I think that beacuse it had the word "Milk" in it...it also made it sound healthy???? )
Or in his old age he thought you were the family dog.

I've had a couple family members that went off the deep end when they got pretty old.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:27 AM

293 posts, read 641,716 times
$38,000, wow!! YOu cpuld still live on that in Vegas, not a great life but you could make it. I came back to Ohio to care for a dying parent from Vegas and got laid off and had to collect U/E last year. Could not find a job anywhere and collected a WHOPPING $15,000 last year. They are complaining about 38,000. Can not wait to get back home and get the hell out of Ohio as if the weather was not depressing enough, I just found another job and was hoping to have it until we moved back, but after 3 months the company is laying off everyone. Would have been back if Henderson International would not have closed some of it's campuses and notified me by e-mail. Now had to stay an extra year and lose even more of my life freezing, wet and depressed here. Write a story about that!!

Old 03-06-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Or in his old age he thought you were the family dog.

I've had a couple family members that went off the deep end when they got pretty old.
You might be right about that. We now have my 85yo dad living with us and he has some dimentia from Parkinson's disease. Some days...things are definitely not right...but we get through it.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:24 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan05 View Post
$38,000, wow!! YOu cpuld still live on that in Vegas, not a great life but you could make it. I came back to Ohio to care for a dying parent from Vegas and got laid off and had to collect U/E last year. Could not find a job anywhere and collected a WHOPPING $15,000 last year. They are complaining about 38,000. Can not wait to get back home and get the hell out of Ohio as if the weather was not depressing enough, I just found another job and was hoping to have it until we moved back, but after 3 months the company is laying off everyone. Would have been back if Henderson International would not have closed some of it's campuses and notified me by e-mail. Now had to stay an extra year and lose even more of my life freezing, wet and depressed here. Write a story about that!!
Nolan, I hope things get better for you and your family soon. Hopefully a job opportunity will open up for you and you can move back out here in the not too distant future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas