Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 04:49 AM

9 posts, read 11,429 times

Advertisements

Would anyone be able to recommend a moving company to off-load (only)?

I arrive June 2nd & would appreciate a decent company to do most of the unloading since I'll be exhausted.

Feel free to PM me if more comfortable that way.

Thank you - your opinions are appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 05:03 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeRoll View Post
Would anyone be able to recommend a moving company to off-load (only)?

I arrive June 2nd & would appreciate a decent company to do most of the unloading since I'll be exhausted.

Feel free to PM me if more comfortable that way.

Thank you - your opinions are appreciated
Warren's Homeworks..(702) 876-9610

Excellent local mover.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:58 AM

1,558 posts, read 4,786,019 times
eMove.com - Your one stop moving shop. ready the reviews and pick a company.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:01 AM

186 posts, read 434,431 times
We are doing the same on the 30th. We booked a crew through a site we got from Penskie truck. Can't say about how good they are yet. Fingers crossed.

sent from my EVO Shift using tapatalk

Old 05-20-2011, 11:42 AM

579 posts, read 1,210,695 times
We move in June, and we are using a Uhaul. Since we won't have friends helping us do the unloading, we went through the Uhaul website. After you choose your vehicle it asks if you need moving help loading or unloading. You put in your zip code/city and a list of companies come up with ratings. You can read all of the reviews. They usually consist of 2 man crews for two hours an cost about 100-200 dollars.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:08 PM

Use Warren's

Everything else is a crap shoot. I or clients have used Warren's over a dozen times with uniform success. There are a half dozen people on this list who have as well.

All these others tend to be pickup sites with whoever was around that day.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:15 PM

932 posts, read 2,348,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Use Warren's

Everything else is a crap shoot. I or clients have used Warren's over a dozen times with uniform success. There are a half dozen people on this list who have as well.

All these others tend to be pickup sites with whoever was around that day.
I moved this week and used Warren's for the second time. I can honestly say I'm happier with them than I am with any other business of any sort that I've encountered in Las Vegas.

The two-man crew was on time, pleasant to work with and very efficient - there was no time when they were standing around doing nothing. They were there to work, and work they did. I wouldn't even consider using anyone else.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:07 PM

579 posts, read 1,210,695 times
Guess it just depends on the person and their situation. We used Warren's in 2004, had a bad experience and the two guys involved, we found out later, had multiple complaints and were eventually fired.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhunting View Post
Guess it just depends on the person and their situation. We used Warren's in 2004, had a bad experience and the two guys involved, we found out later, had multiple complaints and were eventually fired.
That may be why they are so good nowadays....

Look I don't work for Warren and have no interest in them as a company or anyone who works there.

I have over a dozen experiences with them including four of my own. And I have seen any number of others not work out so well.

So I push them just because it is so unusual to see places with that kind of a track record. They should be rewarded.

Only other guy I feel the same about is a painter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas