Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 11:24 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times

Advertisements

An update.

The drip irrigation manifold failed AGAIN. The replacement that I bought at Home Flippin' Depot was defective.

I bought a goddam PLUG and disabled the whole system.

That's it. I'm done with drip irrigation.

Anyone got a professional they'd like to recommend to remove this P.O.S. and replace it with something that WORKS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 11:28 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Did you have a pressure reducer in the system......its necessary for drip systems.

Just askin cause I have never had a problem with one and I have water pressure that can take the paint off a car.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:35 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Just askin cause I have never had a problem with one and I have water pressure that can take the paint off a car.
ohhhh...to be young again.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Did you have a pressure reducer in the system......its necessary for drip systems.

No idea -- I assume it has a pressure reducer. No clue where it is, and I no longer care. Everything worked fine when we bought the house. Worked fine for a year and a half, and then started failing every few months.

Make NO mistake. I AM DONE WORKING ON THE DRIP SYSTEM. Breaking my back in the hot sun, fighting off black widow spiders and roaches, busting my knuckles trying to make connections that are 1/8" too short fit together.

I AM DONE.

Please, suggest a professional landscaper or I will pick one at random out of the phone book*. I will not spend ANOTHER SINGLE MINUTE working on drip irrigation.

*Hyperbole, but just barely. I will vet whoever gets the job.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:11 PM
jpk

531 posts, read 1,864,008 times
I have had two landscapers work on expanding my irrigation system and both were good. The first was DED Landscaping (Las Vegas Landscapes by Davison Exterior Design - D.E.D. Landscaping) and the second was Raul at Al's Lawn Service (702-808-6540). Raul does small jobs, which sounds like what you have. Ashanti at DED mostly does large projects, but has competent staff that can probably also fix your problem.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:42 PM

Thanks for the reference, but I'm already having someone come out tomorrow. Had to pull a landscaper off google based on reviews.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:16 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,862,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
An update.

The drip irrigation manifold failed AGAIN. The replacement that I bought at Home Flippin' Depot was defective.
That was your first mistake. You should avoid the big box stores and go directly to a contractor irrigation supply house like Ewing. They are happy to help and sell to homeowners. An irrigation supply house carries light commercial valves that are suitable for residential applications, but heavier duty than the junk sold at Home Depot and Lowes.

If you still need a landscape contractor call Wes Maggard at VIP Landscaping. They are top notch.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:30 PM

207 posts, read 509,652 times
Quote:
OK, I'm at my wits end.

Every couple months, the manifolds (x2) for my drip system fail. (This is the part that is wired to the controller. Sometimes it's the solenoid, sometimes it's the valve.)

BUT IT ALWAYS FAILS IN THE CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED OPEN POSITION.

I learn about the problem, when I come home to the CENSORED Zambezi River, flowing from my house, down the street.

This last time, it happened while I was in Utah for four days. That'll be another $400 water bill.

CENSORED!

Anyone got a line on drip manifolds that fail safe? How about manifolds that aren't complete pieces of CENSORED CENSORED?

This site explains the benefits of a master valve:
Irrigation Master Valves

I'm no expert, but irritrol valves seem to work well and be reliable.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfapps View Post
This site explains the benefits of a master valve:
Irrigation Master Valves

I'm no expert, but irritrol valves seem to work well and be reliable.

ARRRGH!

Where were you a few days ago before I had the system fixed? (Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the info, but I JUST had someone here a couple days ago. I could have asked for a master valve -- that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for.)

Now I'm going to have to get a master valve installed. Like I said, I am CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED done with the CENSORED CENSORED drip system. CENSORED irrigation straight to CENSORED with a chainsaw.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:49 PM

207 posts, read 509,652 times
Quote:
ARRRGH!

Where were you a few days ago before I had the system fixed? (Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the info, but I JUST had someone here a couple days ago. I could have asked for a master valve -- that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for.)

Now I'm going to have to get a master valve installed. Like I said, I am CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED done with the CENSORED CENSORED drip system. CENSORED irrigation straight to CENSORED with a chainsaw.
I'm sorry man, I answered as soon as I saw the post! I feel your pain.

I had no prior experience with these irrigation systems and searched and searched for information about a year ago and found that site. It answers a lot of questions and also gives some reviews on components.

I ended up finding irritrol components at Horizon Turf Supply on Ponderosa Way. Prices seemed quite reasonable, and they seem to have just about everything in stock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas