Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2015, 01:18 PM

73 posts, read 178,460 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Recently was hired for support staff for Clark County School District. I went to orientation and we had to fill out a lot of paperwork. The union showed up towards the end and they said we couldn't leave until we filled out this form. I filled it out but I put in the form that I didn't want to donate any money to the union. So fast forward to today. I get a call from someone at the union and they want to make sure the correct spelling of my last name. I told her I didn't want to be a part of the union. She said I filled out the form. I told her that they told me at my orientation that I had to but I still did not want to be a union member. She told me she'd look into it. I feel like I've been duped and I'm worried I'm going to have to pay fees I don't or can't really afford. Does anyone have a phone number I can call to make sure I can cancel this or am I screwed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 12:25 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,785,587 times
If worse comes to worse I bet someone from this organization could help you out.

Nevada Policy Research Institute

The are always going after the unions related to Clark County Schools.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:06 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,362,678 times
My opinion? I think you shouldn't make waves until you know you have a job. Then all you have to do (at least in my former state job) is just tell whoever makes out the checks that you do not want dues subtracted from yours.

I don't like unions either, and didn't belong for most of my tenure until after I retarred. I hate paying the dues, but they are the only ones that will go to the legislature for state employee benefits.

And before anyone takes off on lazy government employees: it was one of the hardest, most stressful jobs I've ever had. And you know who makes it stressful? You people who think some guy working for a living, who is trying to help you, and didn't cause you to have the problems you need his help for, is the cause of all your self-inflicted problems, and is just trying to mess you over even more. And, what makes it hard work is learning, and following all the complicated laws the legislatures wrote, and doing it as fast as you possibly can, while some guy is accusing you of being the cause of all his problems that he brought upon himself.

OK, now I feel better. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas