Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 06:53 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
My wife is over my shoulder. She says they're putting her out because of her low test scores. It is just this one reason -- test scores. Her test scores are below 300 CRT mark. Because schools are judged on these test scores, they want these students out. Nobody will ever admit it. Is it ethical? No. But that's how they do things.

That hippa thing is BS, she says. Parents are supposed to be welcome to observe the classroom. She says something fishy is going on. And she doesn't like the situation you describe.

I know several teachers, a couple of them specialize in special needs kids. They have told me some horror stories about what happens because of test scores. These are from 3 different states, so it's a widespread issue.

I know this is old, but since someone else bumped it, I hope the OP got her issues resolved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 11:30 AM

4 posts, read 4,713 times
Hello.
I want to bump this post and get some information as well. We just moved here last week. I have a 6 yr old son with Autism who is going to be a transfer student. I would like to know any info about good school (public for now) for him.
In my zoning area, I see Louis Wiener and Charlotte Hill elementary schools. I am looking at Tony Alamo school as well but it is out of our zoning area.
I have my son's IEP but should I call the school district first to get more info?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you so much!

Old 01-22-2015, 03:44 PM

635 posts, read 746,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatchan View Post
Hello.
I want to bump this post and get some information as well. We just moved here last week. I have a 6 yr old son with Autism who is going to be a transfer student. I would like to know any info about good school (public for now) for him.
In my zoning area, I see Louis Wiener and Charlotte Hill elementary schools. I am looking at Tony Alamo school as well but it is out of our zoning area.
I have my son's IEP but should I call the school district first to get more info?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you so much!
Sending you a private message...

Old 08-08-2015, 01:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LV10101 View Post
Sending you a private message...
I know your reply is a few months old, but I have the same questions as kitkatchan. would you mind sending me that info in PM as well?

thanks!

Old 08-08-2015, 01:17 AM

327 posts, read 398,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvettehazel View Post
need help my fellow parents of autistic kids!!!!
i am trying to find the best elementary school in las vegas that deals with autistic children. im not sure she is getting the services avail. to her at the school she is going and now they are wanting to put her in a contained classroom and im so lost as what to do, she is high functioning but is very behind in school, in 3rd grade but really a 1st grade level.
any suggestions or experiences. thanks for your time
Its over diagnosed, I hope you know that. I used to teach in this field over 20 years ago, and I understand it fairly well. I would get a second opinion, and read more on it before moving forward.

Good luck.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:23 PM

2 posts, read 1,259 times
Need a good elementary school in Henderson NV for children with autism

Old 03-06-2019, 06:20 AM

2 posts, read 1,762 times
Hi there, just giving this thread a bump in case anything has changed in the past few years. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: