Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 07:19 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,815,139 times

Advertisements

There is no Winco in Henderson according to their website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 07:39 PM

39 posts, read 102,894 times
Winco is opening in Henderson. You are mistaken.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:41 PM

88 posts, read 357,303 times
They have one in the Bay area in California. Its where wife is from. Her family goes there and we have gone there when we have visited. It will rival and even beat Smiths. We cannot wait to go to it. One thing about Winco, is that it is employee owned. So the prices will be cheap.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:49 PM

204 posts, read 319,017 times
I had 2 Winco's in the town I lived in before moving here. I wouldn't shop at either one of them. They were usually dirty and you couldn't pay me to eat any bulk food that came out of those bins. I saw people/kids dipping their hands in and such. I never bought meat from them more than once or twice because it seemed like it was the lowest rated beef. I'm sure it will be nice for a little while and then it will start looking like every other cheap food grocery store. I don't think there is that much difference between Winco and Food 4 Less.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:59 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
I am hoping it's better than Food4Less. Everyone keeps raving about it...so on Sunday, I guess we will see what all the fuss is about.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:14 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
There is no Winco in Henderson according to their website.
Henderson: 80 N Stephanie

And: 6101 N Decatur Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89130

Also, they are super slow in getting info on their website. Find them on Facebook and they have the info there.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:16 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,815,139 times
Are those stores open yet or going to open?
I sure would like to shop there.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:27 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishmom View Post
My daughter shops at WinCo in Idaho and loves it. I've also been told that WinCo is owned by the same company as Cub Foods (Minnesotans know Cub).
I'm in Washington and WINCO used to be called CUB Foods.

That said, the closest one to me is 56 miles one way but I think it's well worth going there once a month. I would probably get that down to once every two or three months by buying more except that my bank is right across the street from it and I have to go there once a month anyway.

The bulk foods is AWESOME. HUGE selection and variety.

A little advice, though - the first few days of the month are the busiest and it's best to avoid it at that time if you can, although I have found that the one that I go to is very, very good about making sure they have plenty of cashiers on.

It's also "bag your own," so if you have a cooperative teenager that you can bring along to help you, that's a bonus.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:30 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1320 View Post
I had 2 Winco's in the town I lived in before moving here. I wouldn't shop at either one of them. They were usually dirty and you couldn't pay me to eat any bulk food that came out of those bins. I saw people/kids dipping their hands in and such. I never bought meat from them more than once or twice because it seemed like it was the lowest rated beef. I'm sure it will be nice for a little while and then it will start looking like every other cheap food grocery store. I don't think there is that much difference between Winco and Food 4 Less.
Wow. Not my experience at all.

Besides, even if a person just bought the canned foods and baking items, etc., I would still consider it a great place to shop.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:06 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Wow. Not my experience at all.

Besides, even if a person just bought the canned foods and baking items, etc., I would still consider it a great place to shop.
I read their website -- they "proudly" sell Hormel Meat and Foster Farms. I wouldn't wish that crap on my worst enemy. That's industrial, inhumane, antibiotic-shot and hormone-shot crap.

So I'm not particularly optimistic about their other offerings. I'll check them out. But I'm very, very skeptical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas