Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 10:03 AM

609 posts, read 1,620,166 times

Advertisements

LOL Anybody else move to LV or visit a Von's store in LV?

The security in these things is crazy. Steel gates to get in and out. Drug stores have '1 at a time' secured entrance. The OTC drugs isle has bars / gates around

LOL Should i be eating food out this store?

After 2 visits.... i thought it was just the 1st store's location (around UNLV campus ) ... because outside of other store looked better but it too had the crazy set up

Can you expect to find herion injected into fresh foods or something here? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 10:12 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,475,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojones View Post

The security in these things is crazy. Steel gates to get in and out. Drug stores have '1 at a time' secured entrance. The OTC drugs isle has bars / gates around

After 2 visits.... i thought it was just the 1st store's location (around UNLV campus ) ... because outside of other store looked better but it too had the crazy set up

It's the not so nice area of the store you visited. And no, those security measures have nothing to do with anyone contaminating the goods, it's all about keeping the undesirables and their behavior out of the store

The Vons and drug stores I go to in my neighborhood are not anything like you described.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:15 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,996,765 times
Quote:

No, they aren't injecting heroin into the food.

But shoppers ARE buying (and stealing) all the cough syrup they can lay their hands on in order to cook meth.

And shoplifting is a big problem in Las Vegas. More so than other places I've lived. Between gambling addiction, drug addiction and alcohol addiction, we have a lot of people who will steal food so they can use the money to pay for their next fix.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:20 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times
Quote:

LOL, I think it is time for you to move to better area of town. Or at least start shopping in a better part of town.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:57 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,342,524 times
Quote:

LOL, Vons is just another name for Safeway. But seriously though, that particular store gets a lot of addicts so they have to use those safeguards. The Vons up here in the NW has the same layout as my old Safeway in Virginia with the exception being a Starbucks in place of the slots. No bars at the pharmacy.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:51 PM

270 posts, read 535,061 times
OP: The VONS where I shop (Summerlin near Town Center) has none of the weird security measures you mention. I agree with MomMom that it may be the particular part of town where that VONS is located.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:23 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
I cannot comment on Summerlin, but both Vons I have been to (1155 E Twain and Maryland Pkwy and Tropicana) are exactly like the OP describes. It is Von's specific because the Albertson's right across the street is not like that at all.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:58 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,764,554 times
Walgreens @ Decatur/Trop., everything is locked away (razors, antacids, you name it...)
Takes you awhile to get an employee (with a key) to faciltate your shopping needs.
1 time deal, never went back again!
"Loss prevention" to the extreme...

Old 03-05-2012, 09:41 PM

106 posts, read 363,927 times
Take out the Vons on Trop and Maryland or at Maryland and Twain and you'll have just another blighted neighborhood, sort of like all of North Las Vegas.

Crime at Vons store on H and Owens was so bad, they closed the store, now those people are complaining about why they dont have a store in the area.

I would say, those 2 Vons stores have less than 2 years and they're outta there.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:03 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump View Post
Take out the Vons on Trop and Maryland or at Maryland and Twain and you'll have just another blighted neighborhood, sort of like all of North Las Vegas.

Crime at Vons store on H and Owens was so bad, they closed the store, now those people are complaining about why they dont have a store in the area.

I would say, those 2 Vons stores have less than 2 years and they're outta there.
ALL of North Las Vegas is not like H And Owens, which is not even in North Las Vegas. Our stores way way up north in the nicer part do not lock anything away, no bars on anything or the homes.
They did close our two local Vons stores a year or so ago, but they were being closed around the nation anyway. And their prices were much higher than Smiths. So no loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas