Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 02:20 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,263,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I'm kind of surprised at all this anti-dog rhetoric. I think it means that more new residents are ignorant, intolerant, hypocritical, easterners now-a-days than westerners who have more understanding of nature, and tolerance and love for animals.

I think it is just ignorance and fear that dogs aren't allowed in most businesses. We just came back from a California vacation where dogs are treated like man's best friend instead of a beast with no feelings. In Carmel, every other person has their dog with them, and stores all have water dishes by the door.

There are certain places where it isn't appropriate to take your best friend, but they don't harm anything if they have trained their owner properly in doggy etiquette.

Personally I prefer dogs to most people.

Notice that many businesses now have signs telling people that it's better to bring the dog inside than to leave him in the car to die in the heat.
How about people leave their dog at home and they wont have to worry about it dying in their car? It has nothing to do with being ignorant or hypocritcal. People belong in public dogs belong at your home, Petco/Petsmart, dogs parks etc.. When I see a dog peeing on walls and walkways in Tivoli for example to stink to high heaven in the heat I cringe. Why does a dog need to go to Home Depot or Smith's? What about people walking their dogs around in the middle of the day in 100 degree weather burning the dogs pads? I think that is cruel. I like dogs I just think people go overboard treating dogs like people-they arent.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:21 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,939,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I have seen dogs in all the home improvement stores, plus PetsMart, Petco, Savers, Garden supply places. It doesn't bother me. I usually go and pet them.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:51 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,037 times
I don't bring my dogs in any stores aside from places like petco on occasion that allow it. As far as health concerns go, I'd be much more concerned about the grungy guy who peed all over his hands five minutes ago handling my tomato in the supermarket than a dog walking through an aisle.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:12 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I'm kind of surprised at all this anti-dog rhetoric. I think it means that more new residents are ignorant, intolerant, hypocritical, easterners now-a-days than westerners who have more understanding of nature, and tolerance and love for animals.

I think it is just ignorance and fear that dogs aren't allowed in most businesses. We just came back from a California vacation where dogs are treated like man's best friend instead of a beast with no feelings. In Carmel, every other person has their dog with them, and stores all have water dishes by the door.

There are certain places where it isn't appropriate to take your best friend, but they don't harm anything if they have trained their owner properly in doggy etiquette.

Personally I prefer dogs to most people.

Notice that many businesses now have signs telling people that it's better to bring the dog inside than to leave him in the car to die in the heat.
This.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
How about people leave their dog at home and they wont have to worry about it dying in their car? It has nothing to do with being ignorant or hypocritcal. People belong in public dogs belong at your home, Petco/Petsmart, dogs parks etc.. When I see a dog peeing on walls and walkways in Tivoli for example to stink to high heaven in the heat I cringe. Why does a dog need to go to Home Depot or Smith's? What about people walking their dogs around in the middle of the day in 100 degree weather burning the dogs pads? I think that is cruel. I like dogs I just think people go overboard treating dogs like people-they arent.
Dogs are social creatures and nothing makes them happier than going where their owners go. In fact, the more public places and situations your dog is exposed to, the happier and more well-balanced your dog will be. If a person thinks a dog is meant to only stay at home all the time, they should own a cat

Old 05-25-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Dogs are social creatures and nothing makes them happier than going where their owners go. In fact, the more public places and situations your dog is exposed to, the happier and more well-balanced your dog will be. If a person thinks a dog is meant to only stay at home all the time, they should own a cat
I do

Old 05-25-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
I don't bring my dogs in any stores aside from places like petco on occasion that allow it. As far as health concerns go, I'd be much more concerned about the grungy guy who peed all over his hands five minutes ago handling my tomato in the supermarket than a dog walking through an aisle.
Ewww but true. When I see dogs in grocery stores it's usually a 70+yo woman with an ankle biter in her cart.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I do
Me too. 3 of them!

Old 05-25-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Ewww but true. When I see dogs in grocery stores it's usually a 70+yo woman with an ankle biter in her cart.
In a cart it would be more of a wrist biter.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:01 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Take the dawgs in to restarants n stores n bar the kids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas